Snow!

xbl

Bucketing down in Airdrie (when I left) and Glasgow currently but its not lying so much as its quite wet.

Why does everyone start driving like idiots when a wee bit of snow comes on?

The answer's in the question.

There's a gritter lorry stuck in the drifting snow on my route to work this morning.... managed to take another route to get past it but the drifts were at least 3 to 4 feet in places.

3 miles past this and there is no snow at all... :huh:

Supposed to be driving thru to visit the in-laws in Friockheim tomorrow morning. God bless the snow :thumsup2

We had very little, despite warnings of Snowmageddon for today. There was even less lying this morning than last week's fall, which had all disappeared by 10.00 am. It is snowing at the moment, but the ground is far too wet for it to lie.

I have had reports of a blizzard in Pomeroy but as that child is her mother's daughter I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

Mind you, I wouldn't like to be up the Sperrins with the wind chill factor that we have presently.

Supposed to be driving thru to visit the in-laws in Friockheim tomorrow morning. God bless the snow :thumsup2

Basically SFA in Friockheim at the moment though......... Do you want me to confirm this to the In-laws....? ;)

On a slightly more serious note, there seems to be some worries here about the weather for tonight and tomorrow though....? I know the Mrs is all worried about getting to Aberdeen tomorrow using the train..! Typical, she's getting all hyper and it winnae snow at all........ :P

Radio Ulster has just announced that the Glenshane Pass (main route from Belfast to Londonderry) has been closed. I don't know how much to trust that, I remember once I was travelling from Coleraine to Limavady over the Springwell mountain, and I was approaching the top coming from Coleraine to hear the radio announcer say that it was closed. Arrived safely in Limavady, the road was perfectly passable.

Radio Ulster has just announced that the Glenshane Pass (main route from Belfast to Londonderry) has been closed. I don't know how much to trust that, I remember once I was travelling from Coleraine to Limavady over the Springwell mountain, and I was approaching the top coming from Coleraine to hear the radio announcer say that it was closed. Arrived safely in Limavady, the road was perfectly passable.

They tell you that in the middle of July for christ sake, :P

Was it you that shot Captain Farrell?