Snow!

xbl

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

Met office failing to deliver on the promise of snow. Disgrace.

Wee Calum the strange looking BBC weatherman just apologised for them getting it all wrong for today. The complex nature of the low pressure system has seen it much further South than expected and tonight's now going to be further east so no significant snow in South west or west central Scotland now. Been a damp drizzly day on the Ayrshire coast.

Sean Batty is in danger of becoming 'the boy who cried snow'. Since making his name as the first to forecast the 'beast from the east' a few years back he now constantly exaggerates any slight chance of snow in the hope of repeating the trick. 

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Wee Calum the strange looking BBC weatherman just apologised for them getting it all wrong for today. The complex nature of the low pressure system has seen it much further South than expected and tonight's now going to be further east so no significant snow in South west or west central Scotland now. Been a damp drizzly day on the Ayrshire coast.

Hopefully Glenshee has been getting all the stuff they predicted Fife would get.

The called for a massive snowstorm here in Canada's capital on Saturday but we only ended up getting about a foot or so.  Still a bit inconvenient but nothing major we can't handle once the plows have done their work on the roads.  Another inch or two today coming but that should be it for the next week or two.  

55 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Love Callum, strikes me as a bit of a mentalist, a proper highland teuchter. 

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Love Callum, strikes me as a bit of a mentalist, a proper highland teuchter. 

I know him. Tremendous piper, accordion player and recently gold medalist Gaelic singer - ticking all the teuchter boxes and a genuinely good person.

9 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Sean Batty is in danger of becoming 'the boy who cried snow'. Since making his name as the first to forecast the 'beast from the east' a few years back he now constantly exaggerates any slight chance of snow in the hope of repeating the trick. 

He made me set my alarm an hour early to avoid the snow that never happened. Bealing and shattered now.

7 hours ago, Snobot said:

I know him. Tremendous piper, accordion player and recently gold medalist Gaelic singer - ticking all the teuchter boxes and a genuinely good person.

A very talented guy. I saw he won a medal at the Mód.