Snow!

xbl

Really heavy snow in Bonnybridge right now,Not that my cat is bothered as he has just fecked off out for the night.

My pal just got his car stuck in the middle of the old denny highs football pitch because of this :lol: :lol: :lol:

No snow to speak about in Stirling but head up past Dunblane towards Perth and all hell lets loose.

3-4 inches in my back garden in Dunblane at the moment. But the snowfall is much lighter and the lying snow is starting to melt.

Guest The Phoenix

3-4 inches in my back garden in Dunblane at the moment. But the snowfall is much lighter and the lying snow is starting to melt.

I was up past the Little Chef towards Braco and trust me it's a disaster area (again!).

Early warning for blizzard-like snow in low lying central areas tonight apparently. Came out a gig last night which was boiling to be met by driving snow, which was nae fun at all. Shall be a bit more prepared tonight.

The mother works for SEPA and got this e-mail this morning and forwarded it to me:-

Dear all

This email is sent for information as this could potentially impact upon service delivery – staff ability to attend work etc

Our colleagues within the Met Office have over the last few days issuing severe weather warnings by email.

We have just received a telephone call from Met Office colleagues who are now describing the predicated weather for tonight as potentially extraordinary.

This is building upon the following statement from the Met Office Chief Forecaster:-

The Chief Forecaster is talking about the potential for 'atrocious conditions' this evening for parts of Scotland. The main areas for concern at the moment are the Lothians and North & South Lanarkshire. The Lothians could see as much as 40cm of snow on ground over 200m, while the Lanarkshires could see 20-25cm on higher routes. This snow, combined with 50-60mph winds, will cause blizzard conditions and lead to drifting, especially over high ground, and has the potential to impact on power lines.

Bill Lyons

Head of Resilience

Scottish Environment Protection Agency

Corporate Office

Erskine Court

Castle Business Park

STIRLING FK9 4TR

Mobile - 07*********

Office Number - 01*** ******

The content of this email and any attachments may be confidential and

are solely for the use of the intended recipients. If you have received this

message by mistake, please contact the sender or email

info@sepa.org.uk as soon as possible then delete the email.

This message has been scanned for viruses by

BlackSpider MailControl

The Lothians could see as much as 40cm

Fucking hell...

We currently have rain falling, with strong winds. Meant to snow later on, but there's no way it's going to lye, which is good.

Edited by Smurph

[/b][/size][/font][/size][/font][/b][/size][/font][/color] [/b]

Fucking hell...

We currently have rain falling, with strong winds. Meant to snow later on, but there's no way it's going to lye, which is good.

Thats what I said last night!

It was pouring down and then the snow came on. Said to the wee brother, its fine the ground is wet so it won't lie. Went to 5s and the snow continued throughout. It then took me 45 minutes to get from Forthbank Stadium to Denny (which is usually a 15 minute journey) only an hour and a half later!