Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I left school in 1977. We had a final assembly, then prize giving then that was it. My lasting memory was seeming some of the 6th year girls (down boy!) clinging to the pillars at the school entrance.  The only school based party we had was the usual torture of the Christmas disco.

I left in '83. We also had a Christmas disco every year which was for 4th/5th/6th years.  The highlight every years we seeing who was the drunkest amongst the pupils! 

37 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The French invented discos. I don't know if that's worse. 

Le disco as I believe they call them.  

Here's a pic from my leaver's disco -

Be Disco GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

My ears are sore after two and a half hours of (half) listening to my wife, youngest stepdaughter and granddaughter nr 4 gossiping about mutual acquaintances. I've no idea how they know half the stuff they're discussing.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

The French invented discos. I don't know if that's worse. 

Jimmy Savile claimed to have invented them. I'd rather it was the French...

Left my stepdaughter down at the mechanics to collect her car. (That was why she was sitting gossiping in ours, she had no vehicle to get home.) Drove back up the lane and stopped to chat to a chap I hadn't seen for a wee while, he was moving sheep, and had a trailer load of them on the back of his van. Suddenly two sheep appeared from round the back of his van - that brought the conversation to an abrupt halt!

I left school in 2010. We had our Leavers night in a place up the town. It was great, just  a big party. We had a Prom a week or two later at the Hilton. The dinner was great. The rest of the night was shite because everyone was depressed about leaving and nobody was pished because it was the Hilton and drinks cost a fucking fortune.

10 hours ago, hk blues said:

I left in '83. We also had a Christmas disco every year which was for 4th/5th/6th years.  The highlight every years we seeing who was the drunkest amongst the pupils! 

8 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I left school in 2008. We got told to GTF.

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I left school in 2010. We had our Leavers night in a place up the town. It was great, just  a big party. We had a Prom a week or two later at the Hilton. The dinner was great. The rest of the night was shite because everyone was depressed about leaving and nobody was pished because it was the Hilton and drinks cost a fucking fortune.

Coffin dodger, wee laddie, toddler.

9 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

My ears are sore after two and a half hours of (half) listening to my wife, youngest stepdaughter and granddaughter nr 4 gossiping about mutual acquaintances. I've no idea how they know half the stuff they're discussing.

I can zone out completely ,even if I'd tried to join in I've no idea who they are discussing most of the time

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Went to Lidl today and bought Malcolm Allan's Curry Lorne Sausage.

Tomorrows lunch sorted.

It’s square sausage, and that sounds disgusting. Malcolm should be ashamed. 

Edited by MazzyStar

2 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

It’s square sausage, and that sounds disgusting. Malcolm should be ashamed. 

The real question here is condiments.

Brown sauce, tomato ketchup...or the Heinz Curry Ketchup we have.

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The real question here is condiments.

Brown sauce, tomato ketchup...or the Heinz Curry Ketchup we have.

Do you have that little faith in Malcolm's abilities that you need more curry flavour on it?

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Do you have that little faith in Malcolm's abilities that you need more curry flavour on it?

That's a fair point.

I won't sleep tonight worrying about this. Do i go sauce-free? Lather with butter? Go nuts and use mayonnaise or salad cream?

Maybe Scott was right and I should have bought half a dozen packs. Then I could test every eventuality.