Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Serious question (to any of the text addicts). Why?

How many do you need to send. I don't want your life story, but what is the content?

Most of it is texting tue girlfriend whn I'm not with her, which is a bit sad when written down, but when you're having a conversation you can easily fire through 40 odd texts an hour.

So there I was, visiting my Gran in Glasgow's Southern General Hospital - where all the nurses would break the scales if they simply rested their massive bingo wing arms on them. Around the bed we're all having a bit of a laugh and a joke about how nurses training these days appears to be limited to a course on how to stretch their stomachs to the stage where they can cope with the copious amount of Cadbury's Heroes that they eat, when the woman in the next bed sets off her alarm.

Through the glass partition we can see three nurses stood - I would say looking like Michelin Men but that's too kind. They all had really bad skin that made them look more like Mr Blobby. As part of the fun I started my stopwatch. Do you know it took so long for the nurses to respond I had forgotten I was timing them. Indeed after what must have been fully 10 minutes my Sister attended to the lady in the next bed and then went out to tell the nurses what the old lady needed.

However the story doesn't end there. A few days ago I took my gran in some of her favourite biscuits - Borders Chocolate Gingers. They had gone so I asked my Gran if she enjoyed them and if she had been eating them with her tea. No she said. What actually happened was she asked a nurse to open the packet for her. As the nurse did my Gran said she should take one as a thank you, which the nurse duly did. She then asked if she could give one to each of her colleagues on the ward. My Gran looked and saw four, she said ok.....she never saw the biscuits again.

Isn't it a sad day when lazy overweight, overpaid public sector nurses have to resort to stealing chocolate biscuits from their 92 year old patients. I guess this must be how their feed their lard addiction in an era where patients families are refusing to reward their shite standards of service with big tins of Roses. :angry:

So there I was, visiting my Gran in Glasgow's Southern General Hospital - where all the nurses would break the scales if they simply rested their massive bingo wing arms on them. Around the bed we're all having a bit of a laugh and a joke about how nurses training these days appears to be limited to a course on how to stretch their stomachs to the stage where they can cope with the copious amount of Cadbury's Heroes that they eat, when the woman in the next bed sets off her alarm.

Through the glass partition we can see three nurses stood - I would say looking like Michelin Men but that's too kind. They all had really bad skin that made them look more like Mr Blobby. As part of the fun I started my stopwatch. Do you know it took so long for the nurses to respond I had forgotten I was timing them. Indeed after what must have been fully 10 minutes my Sister attended to the lady in the next bed and then went out to tell the nurses what the old lady needed.

However the story doesn't end there. A few days ago I took my gran in some of her favourite biscuits - Borders Chocolate Gingers. They had gone so I asked my Gran if she enjoyed them and if she had been eating them with her tea. No she said. What actually happened was she asked a nurse to open the packet for her. As the nurse did my Gran said she should take one as a thank you, which the nurse duly did. She then asked if she could give one to each of her colleagues on the ward. My Gran looked and saw four, she said ok.....she never saw the biscuits again.

Isn't it a sad day when lazy overweight, overpaid public sector nurses have to resort to stealing chocolate biscuits from their 92 year old patients. I guess this must be how their feed their lard addiction in an era where patients families are refusing to reward their shite standards of service with big tins of Roses. mad.gif

I feel sorry for you.

It's not that insane though, I've certainly done it a few times. I send over 2000 texts most month, which is about 60-70 a day.

Yeah, I'm in an unlimited text contract with only a few minutes, I much prefer texting as a conversation medium. I'd easily get past 1000 texts a month.

And yet, your private healthcare doesn't stretch...

Telt! :lol:

This is like the call centre thing again. For someone who has private healthcare, he spends an awful lot of time dealing with the NHS...

I start at the Glasgow Airport Express store this Friday.....

.....and I have a lump sum being paid shortly and a pension starting 1st October courtesy of my leaving the civil service on voluntary early retirement. biggrin.gif

PS. I promise not to buy shares in any third world child labour schemes or whine about the unemployed, greedy benefits cheats or selfish biscuit stealing NHS/public sector workers as a result of this upturn in my fortunes - unlike some! ph34r.gif

Yeah, I'm in an unlimited text contract with only a few minutes, I much prefer texting as a conversation medium. I'd easily get past 1000 texts a month.

According to my phone I've sent 436 texts since Friday. I can easily send over 150+ a day, but normally I send about 50-75 a day. Never used to be like this, but when I got my new contract in May (then upgraded it to get unlimited internet as well last week) I just started using my phone a lot more.

Pretty sad. sad.gif

.....and I have a lump sum being paid shortly and a pension starting 1st October courtesy of my leaving the civil service on voluntary early retirement. biggrin.gif

PS. I promise not to buy shares in any third world child labour schemes or whine about the unemployed, greedy benefits cheats or selfish biscuit stealing NHS/public sector workers as a result of this upturn in my fortunes - unlike some! ph34r.gif

I think they spelt your badge wrong, should it not be a 'D' instead of an 'N'?

Result!

All the best, Nick. :)