Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Moved to a town called Zofingen, in the Aargau Kanton. My missus is half Swiss half Scottish, she decided she wanted to move back here after spending 9 months in Glasgow. Decided I'd join her and see how it goes!

How is this move going?

I'm currently hanging around waiting on Arnold Clark taking my car away thanks to some old boy who decided to use me as a brake yesterday.

I was having a discussion with my brother today, I was thinking about making a thread about it but it's about Hearts vs Hibs so I can't be fucked with starting a playground riot. What we were discussing was who is better. Rudi Skacel or Derek Riordan BEFORE he moved to Celtic. I said Skacel but my brother was on the other side.

Derek Riordan was something else the first time round.

Riordan IMO.

I was in the pub earlier and enjoyed saying hello to a dog who was in with its owner. I fucking love pub dogs. They're pretty much always couthy as f**k and like the fact you're scratching it in just the right spot behind its ears. It's a mutually beneficial act, I enjoy providing that scratch for a dog who appreciates it.

Spending some time with a pub dog is a simple yet most pleasurable experience IMO. I was enjoying myself anyway, but the pub dog really made me smile.

The one I met tonight was called "Jimmer" by the way. I said to the owner, good name, man. Really good fucking name. I like that a lot.

Pub dogs are always fantastic beasts. They tend to be older dugs who love a bit of attention. When you scratch behind their ears they just love it and give you that " you are my pure scratching hero and I love you " look.

Just don't eat Peanuts or crisps afterwards though as they tend to be oily mingers like Jade Goody was. She loved a good scratching that durty wee bitch.

Over the last 2 years I've played 1344 hours of Football Manager :geek

I appreciate this, was in a similiar situation bk in 08-10. Played the one game with Juventus from 2008/2009 - 2112/2113. Was on a similiar scale. Think i was 49 days or so.... Your 5 days sadder than me though :P

Pub dogs are always fantastic beasts. They tend to be older dugs who love a bit of attention. When you scratch behind their ears they just love it and give you that " you are my pure scratching hero and I love you " look.

Jimmer was 11 years old. His face was as filled with wisdom as that of any ageing human. He was like a wee man. I might have been a bit tipsy but I got the feeling Jimmer looked right inside of me, understood what was going on and was transmitting his positive energy in the hope I might receive it, make use of it for my own cause and pass it to another when I think they need it. We're talking a Jedi-level dog here. He couldn't talk, but he communicated with me easily enough. Better than many humans could, actually. I'd take a few minutes with a super cool soul dog over a lifetime with a human with speech and nothing to say.

People who prefer cats to dogs have never met a Jimmer.

Edited by dundeebarry

I can't believe I didn't think of this before, but in the whole cats vs dogs debate one has to ask: do you ever see cats chilling in the pub?

Pfffffft! Do you f**k. Shitey animals. Dogs get in the pub nae bather. cool.gif

That's dogs totally won that battle for me now. Cats can't compete at that level.

I just left a message on my biggest cat-loving pal's answering machine. She's often claimed dogs to be "stupid" and "needy" as she insists cats are oh-so-much-better. I've never quite managed to shoot her stubborn arse down on it and offer a good enough argument to make her think otherwise.

Until now, motherfucker.

Friday morning's going to start with a healthy, nourishing breakfast of Telt and f**k You and Your Cat.

On a roll.

With broon fucking sauce.

happy.gif