Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I'm now a Grand-dad.

Chuffed tae bits. Over the moon and if there was more room in this pub, I'd be back-flipping.

^^^ greenie-seeking behaviour IMO

...eh, alright. Congratulations, auld yin :P

Loving Alan Hansen's memories of watching Match of the Day as a kid- when the rest of us had to put up with Sportscene.

Anglified, media whore c**t.

Will never forget Hansen referring to England as "we" during Euro 96, at a tournament that his own nation attended. That was enough for me.

Edit: see also John Fashanu becoming a die-hard Nigerian once his England career was over :lol:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Did this actually happen, or is it an 'Andy Murray; British when he wins, Scottish when he loses' type myths?

No, this happened, and on more than one occasion. Usually in the pre-match build-up to England's games. Came across as obsequious and a desperate attempt to ingratiate himself with the host nation.

Either that, or these are some of the memories implanted during my abduction. It's 50-50, to be honest.

Edited as I can't type for shit.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Am I right in thinking you've got cancer, and betting on baseball which you know nothing about? There must be a way of gambling on general knowledge. In the meantime, any tips on the rounders?

0 - 0
5th Innings
Seattle Mariners (F Hernandez) @ Boston Red Sox (J Kelly) 23/08
4 - 2
6th Innings
San Francisco Giants (T Hudson) @ Washington Nationals (D Fister) 23/08
1 - 1
6th Innings
Houston Astros (B Peacock) @ Cleveland Indians (C Carrasco) 23/08
That's a bad and incomplete copy of what my bookie is covering. Think I missed one. They've also got money lines. I'm lost. What game are you betting on/watching?
Edited by welshbairn

Am I right in thinking you've got cancer, and betting on baseball which you know nothing about? There must be a way of gambling on general knowledge. In the meantime, any tips on the rounders?

Yes, I have. I won on the big general knowledge gamble when I got on who wants to be... A few years ago. On the rounders? Bugthorpe always over achieve.

Got it,Frisco are 4 -2 up with whatever against Washington. The bets offered are "run line", "money line" and "total runs". Might go for the total runs because it presumably means somebody running round the bases? Fk knows. Might leave it.

P.S. 7th innings out of 9 I think, too late for wiki baseball learning. might just put a small random daftie on.

Edited by welshbairn

If I could just add - I have no idea what's going on here. Is like my daughter's rounders, but not as exciting. These yanks don't really do proper sport, do they?

The wife took me to an Arizona Diamondbacks game during their World Series winning season. I caught on to the basics fairly quickly, but I've never seen such a lack of atmosphere at a sporting event. Imagine a full house at Old Trafford with the entire crowd chatting to each other and paying no attention to the game. Utterly bizarre. Sometimes goes on past midnight on weekdays too - absolutely mental behaviour.

That, and the seventh-inning stretch terrified me. Everyone, now is the pre-scheduled time when we stand up and sing, like we are having a good time!

She got tickets for the World Series decider too, but I sent her off with a friend - me going would've been a massive waste.

The wife took me to an Arizona Diamondbacks game during their World Series winning season. I caught on to the basics fairly quickly, but I've never seen such a lack of atmosphere at a sporting event. Imagine a full house at Old Trafford with the entire crowd chatting to each other and paying no attention to the game. Utterly bizarre. Sometimes goes on past midnight on weekdays too - absolutely mental behaviour.

That, and the seventh-inning stretch terrified me. Everyone, now is the pre-scheduled time when we stand up and sing, like we are having a good time!

She got tickets for the World Series decider too, but I sent her off with a friend - me going would've been a massive waste.

That is what's getting me - the crowd don't really seem to care. Seems strange, given that they've paid to watch...

There must be a way of gambling on general knowledge.

Don't mention general knowledge tae me.

The wife wants a divorce due to my obsession with quizzes and trivia.

Is she:

A) Wrong

B) Twisted

C) A Wummin

D) All of the above?