Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Had a sensitive left side of my mouth for years and not able to eat ice cream or hot food on that side without pain or sensitivity. Mentioned it to my dentist on during two appointments a year apart and she couldn't find anything wrong even with an x ray. Today something got lodged between my molars on the left side of my mouth right behind an old filling I have had since being a teenager. Managed to pull it out and realised it was a piece of tooth from right under the filling. The tooth must have been cracked for years and has now broken off, but now part of the filling isn't supported by anything so a trip to the dentist has to be arranged tomorrow. Pleased this was what was wrong all along and should be easy enough to fix.

Have no idea how this happened originally and sure it wasn't me trying to open a beer bottle years ago. Chipped a front tooth doing that and had already learned that lesson.

^ I had a similar thing, got a filling when i was about 10 maybe and the dentist said after i had left it would be a bit sensitive for a while with hot or cold drinks, well it was sensitive for about 12 years then i just decided i was sick of having to keep food and drink away from it for so long and went back then they did a bit of work to it and said that would be that. The next day i had the most unbearable toothache, had never had that before then and it was one of the worst pains i had ever known. The tooth then had root canal treatment in it because i didn't want to have it pulled out,despite all this it still didn't feel 100% and then a couple years later i chewed into something and half the tooth fell off, there was not pain this time but it had gone on too long and had to get it taken out which was what i should have done 15 years earlier so i didn't spend over half my life not putting food stuffs to that side of my mouth

^ I had a similar thing, got a filling when i was about 10 maybe and the dentist said after i had left it would be a bit sensitive for a while with hot or cold drinks, well it was sensitive for about 12 years then i just decided i was sick of having to keep food and drink away from it for so long and went back then they did a bit of work to it and said that would be that. The next day i had the most unbearable toothache, had never had that before then and it was one of the worst pains i had ever known. The tooth then had root canal treatment in it because i didn't want to have it pulled out,despite all this it still didn't feel 100% and then a couple years later i chewed into something and half the tooth fell off, there was not pain this time but it had gone on too long and had to get it taken out which was what i should have done 15 years earlier so i didn't spend over half my life not putting food stuffs to that side of my mouth

Looks like the filling was touching a nerve, ouch!. I wonder if the drilling itself had either cracked or weakened the tooth so eventually broke off, same with me.

Quite surprised/shocked I lost a part of a tooth, since I never have any problems, only 3 fillings in 30 years and 2 wisdom teeth out, that's it.

Looks like the filling was touching a nerve, ouch!. I wonder if the drilling itself had either cracked or weakened the tooth so eventually broke off, same with me.

Quite surprised/shocked I lost a part of a tooth, since I never have any problems, only 3 fillings in 30 years and 2 wisdom teeth out, that's it.

Yeah thats what it was, it wasn't touching it that much though and as a kid growing up i never wanted to go to the dentist for obvious reasons so i just got on with it. When they touched it up again that time i was about 22/23 i think and they said it was on the nerve and could be sorted but it just made it even closer to the nerve. People had said to me toothache was one of the sorest things imaginable but i had no idea it'd be like it was!! :thumbsdown

Finally finished my World Cup 2010 sticker album yesterday.

post-38705-0-22099300-1412155751_thumb.g

They're supposed to be nodding. Why aren't my Dynamic Duo nodding? :huh:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

The uni freshers look so young. That was me once, thinking I was all so grown up at the time. :(

Eta: Also, I'm amazed that so many people spell independent with an a in it despite two years of referendum posts.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I've just had a look through all the Bankruptcy pages in the Edinburgh Gazette for my town pmsl, half the towns up, does nae fucker have any responsibility or shame nae more ? Absolutely tragic