Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Got tickets for Kevin Bridges this morning for me and the girlfriend. Friday night at the Hydro.

I'm now slightly worried that he won't be funny in a years time.

*next post* "he's not even funny now" just before anyone else does it.

Spoke with Street Work (a local homeless charity) this morning about the family living in their car near me......they've said they will "investigate".

Wasn't sure that this was the right thing to do but after seeing them there again this morning felt I should.

Nah that's the right thing I do. Everyone is entitled to a roof over their head no matter what happens. Mind you there's a few times I've been against that thought process when you see the state that folk leave houses and areas in.

Got tickets for Kevin Bridges this morning for me and the girlfriend. Friday night at the Hydro.

I'm now slightly worried that he won't be funny in a years time.

*next post* "he's not even funny now" just before anyone else does it.

I got tickets for the same night. I saw him a couple of years ago in Aberdeen, he was quote good but the crowd was poor. Hoping it will be a better experience in Glasgow.

Spoke with Street Work (a local homeless charity) this morning about the family living in their car near me......they've said they will "investigate".

Wasn't sure that this was the right thing to do but after seeing them there again this morning felt I should.

Sounds like absolutely the right thing to do. Well done.

Nah that's the right thing I do. Everyone is entitled to a roof over their head no matter what happens. Mind you there's a few times I've been against that thought process when you see the state that folk leave houses and areas in.

Sounds like absolutely the right thing to do. Well done.

I hope so.....you never know how people will react though (pride and all that). At a glance they look like respectable people but you don't know their circumstances.

Hope they get sorted out.

I remember a few years ago there was a thread about what was more difficult and or required more skill. A 9 darter in darts or a 147 in snooker.

The people saying 9 darter would always trot out stats about how few televised 9 darters there had been. There's one every second week now. How anyone can think that's more difficult/skillful than a 147 is beyond me.

I remember a few years ago there was a thread about what was more difficult and or required more skill. A 9 darter in darts or a 147 in snooker.

The people saying 9 darter would always trot out stats about how few televised 9 darters there had been. There's one every second week now. How anyone can think that's more difficult/skillful than a 147 is beyond me.

Number of televised 147s = 51 (since 1982)

Number of televised nine darters = 39 (since 1984 - also includes the two tonight)

There's roughly the same number of tournaments on the telly each year for the two sports so those stats suggest the 147 is easier. ;)

Edited by The Naitch