Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

WHen you said it was an internal interview, I thought it was your boss shouting questions into your colon.

Is that what happened?

No, he said he "fucked it", so we need to assume that the interview was as you suggest, but that the roles were reversed.

Cycled home around five miles on Friday, botanic gardens to the southside on one of the hire bikes. Rattled along, across charing cross, down through the city centre and across the river, absolutely blazing.

Got within 100 metres of the bit at Eglinton toll to return it and hit the deck. Frustrating.

Discovered recently that Landrover Discovery drivers seem to have a mutual wave thing going on when they pass each other. Similar to when a bus driver passes another, except involving random strangers on the road thinking "good car choice Sir". Mate of mine with one pointed this out and right enough, every driver gave us a wee wave.

Does this sort of weirdness happen with anything else? ???

Motorhomes. I refuse to take part.

Back at work after a nice long holiday and bored shitless already.

There was supposed to be a new start today and the e-mail from our boss was fair lauding how important this guy and his experience would be.

He's taken another job somewhere else... :lol:

Totally nailed the 8 scenario questions then they brought out an additional 8 technical ones that I had no idea about.

To say I fucked it would be an understatement.

Did you get your promotion? You didn't get it did you?

I have been using the app recently and forgot that on the main version the tweets of people show at the right hand side. P&B user RyanCouserRRFC tweeted wishing his sister happy birthday and included a few pictures of her.

A schoolboy error

I have a wasps nest right above the bedroom window. Noticed it about a couple of months ago when there were just a few entering a gap between the slates and the guttering. They don't bother me, I have had the side window open often and they don't come in so we are at peace so far and I sit watching them while I'm using the laptop at my desk. There is a second nest around the other side of the house under the dormer window there seems to be more wasps at this one and I have encountered wasps in the attic probably from that nest as I think there is a hole in the wall they can get through.

I quiet like watching them come and go bringing food for the grubs, houseflies and small caterpillars so they do some good and there is a point to them. They are now starting to run out of food as most of the grubs have already turned into wasps and because of this there is less sugary stuff the for the grubs to reward the workers with. So with more wasps and less grubs they are starting to look elsewhere for food so unfortunately I have to shut my window now as I've noticed a change in their behavior. I wonder if there are queen wasps ready to leave the nest, once they have departed, the rest of the wasps are done for as the old queen will chase them off and they will begin to starve, becoming a nuisance to people eating and drinking outdoors, ....cue folks giving it lots of the jungle boogie and much flapping.

I'll have to try and find both nests this winter and get rid of them, unfortunately it has to be done. Despite so it seems a couple of hundred wasps above my window the nest is probably only the size of a golf ball, I think the one around the other side of the house is bigger.

Edited by CityDave

I have been using the app recently and forgot that on the main version the tweets of people show at the right hand side. P&B user RyanCouserRRFC tweeted wishing his sister happy birthday and included a few pictures of her. A schoolboy error
Wid?
Took too long to answer, went and looked myself. Wid.