Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Would you buy tickets for a game that never happened?

Accrington Stanley sell tickets for Man Utd FA Cup tie that never was

Accrington Stanley fans are being asked to spend £20 on souvenir tickets for a game which will never happen.

The League Two side blew their chance of hosting Manchester United in the third round of the FA Cup by losing to Yeovil in their second-round replay. Undeterred by missing out on a lucrative tie against United, Stanley have still produced 250 tickets. Chairman Peter Marsden said the money would go towards "strengthening the squad" for the rest of the season. The limited-edition tickets are being marketed as marking the club's FA Cup run.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-30680502

FFS. I'm sure there are plenty of other meaningful commemorative things they could have come up with, and fans would've bought them. They'd be as well printing tickets for a European Cup Final that one of their fans got Accrington to in Football Manager.

Or they could try not printing third-round tickets before they've won their second-round tie <_<

I walked in the house and the missus has been cooking a gammon joint in the slow cooker in Coca-Cola all day?!:huh:

I'm no chef but surely that can't be right?

It's a Nigella Lawson recipe......it's really nice apparently.

Edited by sjc

I walked in the house and the missus has been cooking a gammon joint in the slow cooker in Coca-Cola all day?! :huh:

It's a Nigella Lawson recipe......it's really nice apparently.

Keep us posted, DM.

:lol:

Not exactly hiding them is she. I still can't work out if she's attractive or not. She's one of these people that is stunning half the time and weird looking the other half.

I walked in the house and the missus has been cooking a gammon joint in the slow cooker in Coca-Cola all day?! :huh:

My mum's done that before. It's surprisingly nice. Also baking it in rum is lovely too, apparently.

RrNURHN.gif

Apparenty the Coke is quite good for cooking. Probably just because of all the sugar; it's amazing how much goes into the tastiest recipes.

Irrelevant Coke story - my wife's great-uncle brought a Nazi coin with him when he was freed from one of the Polish concentration camps and emigrated to the States, and it ended up in the wife's coin collection. The thing was absolutely filthy, so we decided to leave it in a Coke solution overnight, and the thing had completely disappeared by the morning :o

I do realise that the numismatists among us have just fainted BTW :lol:

Apparenty the Coke is quite good for cooking. Probably just because of all the sugar; it's amazing how much goes into the tastiest recipes.

Irrelevant Coke story - my wife's great-uncle brought a Nazi coin with him when he was freed from one of the Polish concentration camps and emigrated to the States, and it ended up in the wife's coin collection. The thing was absolutely filthy, so we decided to leave it in a Coke solution overnight, and the thing had completely disappeared by the morning :o

I do realise that the numismatists among us have just fainted BTW :lol:

It was made of chocolate wasn't it?

It was made of chocolate wasn't it?

"A wholesome treat for the fascist in your family at Christmas time" :lol:

Was a long time ago, but I think it was one of these bad boys:

Nazi_Coins_reichskreditkassen_1-512x516.

You'll enjoy it, I prefer it done in Dr. Pepper. Has ZingKing been back in touch?

No, has he f**k, he's slung me a beauty. That's the last time I text him to praise his finishing. Ignorant c**t that he is.

Btw, that gammon joint was superb. Dunno what it would've tasted like without the cola but it was the tits. Pizza cooked in Irn Bru tomorrow.