Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

See, I don't think you were ever actually planning on going out. I think you just asked the question as you're lonely and bored (onboard). This could be alleviated by going out.

:lol: that's a hell of an assumption Deeboy!

Is it just that you've been bumped by your mates tonight and feeling a bit sore about that? If so, grab a bottle of wine and come join me......we can get the craic whilst watching the golf/MOTD! ;)

:lol: that's a hell of an assumption Deeboy!

Is it just that you've been bumped by your mates tonight and feeling a bit sore about that? If so, grab a bottle of wine and come join me......we can get the craic whilst watching the golf/MOTD! ;)

f**k it man, go out. I have. Albeit in my haste and without my contacts in, I've managed to grab a pair of dark navy trousers and put on black shoes, so right now I feel like my nights ruined already. :(

Mind you I'm saying it'll just be for a few and I'll grab a night bus/taxi home. So it's not like I'm going somewhere that my general appearance will mater.

f**k it man, go out. I have. Albeit in my haste and without my contacts in, I've managed to grab a pair of dark navy trousers and put on black shoes, so right now I feel like my nights ruined already. :(

Mind you I'm saying it'll just be for a few and I'll grab a night bus/taxi home. So it's not like I'm going somewhere that my general appearance will mater.

Sounds like you got dressed without your contacts in too mate! :P

Sounds like you got dressed without your contacts in too mate! :P

I have, I'm a shambles. Couldn't even be arsed putting them back in, just lobbed my specs on instead. I don't feel I've committed to this night like my friends will have. :lol:

I have, I'm a shambles. Couldn't even be arsed putting them back in, just lobbed my specs on instead. I don't feel I've committed to this night like my friends will have. :lol:

:lol: 10/10 for commitment though :P

I was out on Tuesday on a students night out, don't have plans to go out again until the 8th May for another one, this saving money malarkey ain't easy. As soon as I have my flat bought I'm turning into an alchy.

An alchemist?

I was out on Tuesday on a students night out, don't have plans to go out again until the 8th May for another one, this saving money malarkey ain't easy. As soon as I have my flat bought I'm turning into an alchy.

Unless you're buying it outright, then you'll have just the same amounts of nights in.

Unless you're buying it outright, then you'll have just the same amounts of nights in.

I'll save about £250-300 a month just by moving, wages to go up a good bit by next year too. I've done an estimate with my parents on how id get by just now after being paid and paying mortgage/bills etc and I'd manage as it is.

Looking to put down about a 12/13 grand deposit on a flat around 80k, should be ok.

I'll save about £250-300 a month just by moving, wages to go up a good bit by next year too. I've done an estimate with my parents on how id get by just now after being paid and paying mortgage/bills etc and I'd manage as it is.

Looking to put down about a 12/13 grand deposit on a flat around 80k, should be ok.

80k flats? Where are you living, 1995?

As long as you've done the groundwork, the first year is always a hard slog. Getting all the bills you don't think about like water, power, Sky etc can be quite overwhelming when you've just been paying digs all your life.

80k flats? Where are you living, 1995?

As long as you've done the groundwork, the first year is always a hard slog. Getting all the bills you don't think about like water, power, Sky etc can be quite overwhelming when you've just been paying digs all your life.

Might be more, just looking at flats around Dundee west end, within walking distance from the work, seem to get nice ones for 75-90 which is probably how much I'll be spending.

Dad's away to be generous. Whatever I save he will give me aswell, I'm aiming for about 6/6 and a half grand, he will double it he's said, maybe more depending on his shares at work.

As for furniture etc there'll be plenty here, my sister has just moved out, when I move my mum and dad will be selling this place as it'll be far to big for them (4 bed/2 livingrooms) and downsizing, so they've said I can take loads of stuff as they'll be buying loads of new things for their new house, I already have 2 settees/2 plasmas and a double bed in my room I can take. :lol:

I'll be fine for getting pished. It'll just be shite having to do my own ironing and washing ;)

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I'm confused again. How will you save £250-£300 a month just by moving out and gaining a mortgage? Are you paying your folks £800 a month dig money?

£150 Digs + 4 weeks (usually average about £30 a week in my car) petrol a month. I mean I'll have that money to put towards my monthly mortgage/bills. Edited by 1320Lichtie