Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

My jaw doesn't quite open "vertically" (it shifts a little from top right to bottom left). It feels a bit like a joint keeps "rolling" in and out of place on the right hand side and it making an annoying clicking noise. I've had it for about a couple of years intermittently but the last few months it's almost constant and it's really quite annoying. Occasionally my jaw seems to jam in the open position really stiff and I have to kind of knock it about to click back into place.

Anyone know what causes this and if there's a way to stop it?

Anyone? :(

I avoid physical confrontation.

I'd definitely get to the docs before it gets worse as I had a friend who had the same problem and ended up with his mouth stuck wide open after a yawn. He had to go to hospital like that and obviously couldn't speak to explain the problem. They worked out what was wrong mind you but I can't remember what happened next to fix it.

I'd definitely get to the docs before it gets worse as I had a friend who had the same problem and ended up with his mouth stuck wide open after a yawn. He had to go to hospital like that and obviously couldn't speak to explain the problem. They worked out what was wrong mind you but I can't remember what happened next to fix it.

It's not sore (except on the rare occasion when it jams). I'll see the doc about it just to check it's okay. I don't know if it might be a partial consequence of the dental work I've had done over the last few years (couple of teeth removed followed by a lower brace, only recently removed and replaced with a wire retainer).