Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

These are measuring spoons ie 1 tablespoon 1 teaspoon etc.

So is that daft wee toy the only way of measuring those things? You don't have a teaspoon and a tablespoon nearby, no?

20 minutes ago, smpar said:

So is that daft wee toy the only way of measuring those things? You don't have a teaspoon and a tablespoon nearby, no?

Some recipes call for exact measures. I have the same set of measuring spoons. You're obviously someone who microwaves beans.

Some recipes call for exact measures. I have the same set of measuring spoons. You're obviously someone who microwaves beans.

If a recipe asks for a teaspoon of an ingredient, I use a teaspoon. Unless that multi-soon contraption measures more than that?

4 minutes ago, smpar said:

If a recipe asks for a teaspoon of an ingredient, I use a teaspoon. Unless that multi-soon contraption measures more than that?

It measures the exact amount correctly. A normal teaspoon is for putting sugar/coffee into cups and stirring. You cannot use it for exact measures, you SCOOBY DOO WATCHING BEAST!

It measures the exact amount correctly. A normal teaspoon is for putting sugar/coffee into cups and stirring. You cannot use it for exact measures, you SCOOBY DOO WATCHING BEAST!

Using a regular teaspoon/tablespoon is perfectly acceptable for measuring. If the recipe asks for such a specific measurement, then f**k them, just wing it.

I have two different types of teaspoon and one is about double the size of the other! Also things like half a tablespoon is a good accurate measure to have rather than having to estimate it. Plus the spoon set only cost about 5 quid.

6 minutes ago, smpar said:

Using a regular teaspoon/tablespoon is perfectly acceptable for measuring. If the recipe asks for such a specific measurement, then f**k them, just wing it.

^^^ bean microwaver found