Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

39 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The upside is that United won't have an overbooking problem for many years.

Wouldn't mind the $800+ dollars and free hotel opportunity. They should have stuck the trolley dollies in a taxi, it was only 300 miles, would have saved a fortune. 

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wouldn't mind the $800+ dollars and free hotel opportunity. They should have stuck the trolley dollies in a taxi, it was only 300 miles, would have saved a fortune. 

It does happen here too but not so much.  I've been on loads of 'internal US' flights where it seems to be commonplace.  Usually you're offered $100-150 and the next flight out and it never interested me.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

It does happen here too but not so much.  I've been on loads of 'internal US' flights where it seems to be commonplace.  Usually you're offered $100-150 and the next flight out and it never interested me.

Other people have taken the offer while I've mulled over it for me. Was given no choice and bumped off a connecting flight in Paris because some VIP's wanted the seats. Wasn't arsed because it was a work trip, and was a teenager. Can't remember the deal, but had a night out in Paris out of it.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Other people have taken the offer while I've mulled over it for me. Was given no choice and bumped off a connecting flight in Paris because some VIP's wanted the seats. Wasn't arsed because it was a work trip, and was a teenager. Can't remember the deal, but had a night out in Paris out of it.

"One night in Paris" is different to an airport hotel in Boise, Idaho.