Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

There's a guy across the road from us, who's either just recently moved in, or just recently went doolally.

He's got what looks like tin foil taped over all his windows, and one of them has a cross on it drawn in what looks like marker pen.

He has semi regularly been in his garden shouting and balling, the other day it was something like "SHOW ME BY THE SPIRIT OF DINGWALL HOW TO GET RID OF THE MASONS" " HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM, TELL ME"

Then last night he was out, not shouting, but having a conversation with a seagull, asking it to get him a car to take him to the Baptist Church. 

(It might be wisbit, formerly of this parish, actually)

Just now, The Moonster said:

Trying really hard to stifle my laughter here.

So was I. I was at the window to see what was going on and he might have clocked me. I was trying not to make eye contact. The next thing I heard was, "YOU TELL ME MATE, TELL ME. AWW YOU NO HEARING ME? FUCKING w****r".

As I said, I wasn't looking at him though, and he could have been talking to another seagull potentially.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

So was I. I was at the window to see what was going on and he might have clocked me. I was trying not to make eye contact. The next thing I heard was, "YOU TELL ME MATE, TELL ME. AWW YOU NO HEARING ME? FUCKING w****r".

As I said, I wasn't looking at him though, and he could have been talking to another seagull potentially.

Open the window and ask him if they've turned the weans against him next time.

15 minutes ago, Rugster said:

There's a guy across the road from us, who's either just recently moved in, or just recently went doolally.

He's got what looks like tin foil taped over all his windows, and one of them has a cross on it drawn in what looks like marker pen.

He has semi regularly been in his garden shouting and balling, the other day it was something like "SHOW ME BY THE SPIRIT OF DINGWALL HOW TO GET RID OF THE MASONS" " HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM, TELL ME"

Then last night he was out, not shouting, but having a conversation with a seagull, asking it to get him a car to take him to the Baptist Church. 

Sounds like a Highland He-Man. You should invite him to dinner and live-stream it on P&B.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Sounds like a neighbour from hell in the making Rugster.

If he was directly next door yes. He's far away enough that it's not bothering me, yet. Someone else will complain before me if he keeps up the noise though I would think. I don't think it will go on much longer, there's a nice policeman lives next door to us.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Sounds like a Highland He-Man. You should invite him to dinner and live-stream it on P&B.

He-Man was my first thought too when I heard him shouting that. 

Even if he has just recently moved in I’ve a suspicion he is definitely doolally.

7 hours ago, sjc said:

Fly back to Scotland tomorrow. Can't be fucked with the 22hour flight though!

I'm seriously regretting booking Japan for October. Straightforward flight, Inverness-Heathrow-Tokyo and maybe an internal one, but I really can't be arsed when I could be in the Med in a couple of hours and not have to worry about etiquette rules and where to get a pint. Losing my sense of adventure as I get old. No chance of a refund, or a name change, otherwise I'd try to flog it on here for half price.

Rugster's predicament sounds a bit like the set up to The Raven, Dorian Gray, The Birds or even Donnie Darko. Looking forward to hearing about giant birds (easy now) appearing at the foot of his bed, talking to him in the garden etc, following him to work, chatting to him at the vending machine etc. 

I was at the pictures last night and the bloke next to us had a very peculiar taste in movie snacks. He was getting stuck right into a particularly crunchy bag of carrot sticks which he demolished in no time only to be followed up by a bag of salad leaves, since it was Mission Impossible we were there to see I couldn't help thinking he was going to tear his face off and shout" What's up Doc?".

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm seriously regretting booking Japan for October. Straightforward flight, Inverness-Heathrow-Tokyo and maybe an internal one, but I really can't be arsed when I could be in the Med in a couple of hours and not have to worry about etiquette rules and where to get a pint. Losing my sense of adventure as I get old. No chance of a refund, or a name change, otherwise I'd try to flog it on here for half price.

Stop being a miserable c**t. You'll love Japan. The ballache of the flights will soon be forgotten.

I am well on the road to recovery but I am still fatigued much of the time. Had a nasal feeding tube in but had that removed last Wednesday, still on 3 supplement drinks each day as I am mainly eating soft foods due to the damage done to my throat, things are improving though and I can now eat a more varied diet; my taste is slowly improving too as this had gone completely.
Treatment was horrible and I very nearly didn't make it to the end of the 30 radiotherapy sessions, had to take a break as I had been admitted to the Beatson after the 2nd chemo (4 weeks in) because I was so ill. After a couple of days though I was able to go down to the treatment room to finish the radiotherapy.
I have to mention that the Beatson and it's staff were absolutely phenomenal. I was admitted twice and they worked hard to get me back on my feet and encouraged me to keep going with the treatment.
All the best to you in your ongoing recovery. My late Dad had a few stints in the Beatson and the staff were superb every time.