Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy a proper desktop PC.

At the moment, I've got an old laptop hooked up to a monitor but I'm finding it's a bit shit in terms of both performance, and scalability.

I'm close to filling my external 1TB HDD and if I want more storage, I'd need to go external again but now I'm feeling like I want to bite the bullet and just go for a proper desktop with enough spare bays to add more HDDs.

I go through this every time I consider buying something expensive <_<

In my local Co-op (or Scotmid, whatever), one of the checkout women is a wee old lady. She's very pleasant any time I've used her checkout, a wee bit doddery at times but nothing too bad.

The thing is, I feel sad any time I look at her, cos she's clearly over normal retirement age, she might even be closer to 70 than 60. I hope she's working a couple of shifts a week to get out the house, meet people and earn a wee bit of pocket money, but I fear that she might need the cash to make ends meet, and has to put herself through a job she hates, long after she should have given up working.

I want to ask her why she works there but if I got the latter answer, it might crush my soul. Probably cos I might just have seen my future.

stories like that break my heart.

i also hate the thought of people who put so much effort into starting their own business and it fails.

:(

I flew from Edinburgh to London City (and back) yesterday and have a few observations:-

1. All you ignorant fuckers who do not listen to the safety announcement you should be ashamed. The cabin crew are trying to do their jobs. Imagine if when you got to your hoty toity city jobs and folk just kept talking or ignoring you as you went about your business with them....

2. To the guy in seat 19C (in front of me), it is out of order to snore so loudly for the entire journey and you farted at least twice during your sleep

3. To all the 'Financial Times' readers who think it is okay to spread your papers over two seats and annoy your fellow passengers you are just rude. I too could try and look important by having a big pink paper but that would be out of order.

4. To cabin crew member Aleisha, you are one of the most beautiful ladies I have ever seen, I am glad I watched your safety demonstration and anytime you want to put your head between my knees and shout brace brace then my number is written on the toilet wall.

5. And another thing - why when you are instructed to sit in your seats with your seat belts fastened until told otherwise do you always hear at least 30 folk taking their seat belts off. Where the f**k are you going to get to quicker than if you just do what you are told.

Angry mood this morning.

Edited by Newtown Park

1. All you ignorant fuckers who do not listen to the safety announcement you should be ashamed. The cabin crew are trying to do their jobs. Imagine if when you got to your hoty toity city jobs and folk just kept talking or ignoring you as you went about your business with them....

I've seen it a million times and the likelyhood of me ever having to use it is so small it's not worth watching again. I'm sure buinsness people are subjected to it even more frequently than me.

I've seen it a million times and the likelyhood of me ever having to use it is so small it's not worth watching again. I'm sure buinsness people are subjected to it even more frequently than me.

If my plane goes down I've already accepted the fact I'm pan bread.

That may be the case but I am sure that you would find it annoying if in trying to do your job some people just talked over you or ignored you when you were trying to help them.

Aeroplane safety briefings are the modern equivalent of the "hide under your school table" defence against a nuclear attack.

They are designed solely to give people destined for a horrible death a crumb of comfort in their last moments that they might be able to stop being killed.

In reality there's almost a zero chance of anything you are shown in a safety briefing having any affect whatsoever.

Aeroplane safety briefings are the modern equivalent of the "hide under your school table" defence against a nuclear attack.

They are designed solely to give people destined for a horrible death a crumb of comfort in their last moments that they might be able to stop being killed.

In reality there's almost a zero chance of anything you are shown in a safety briefing having any affect whatsoever.

You mean if we plummet from 30,000 feet, bracing ourselves won't help? surely not!

Yeah because that pilot never brought down his plane on Hudson River and saved all passengers on board who then had to carry out an evacuation in line with their safety briefing.....

The point is not that the demo is of any use, it is to highlight the ignorance of many people who cannot give 2 minutes of their time to someone trying to do their job. There also seems to be ignorance in some of our posters (Fudge).

Yeah because that pilot never brought down his plane on Hudson River and saved all passengers on board who then had to carry out an evacuation in line with their safety briefing.....

The point is not that the demo is of any use, it is to highlight the ignorance of many people who cannot give 2 minutes of their time to someone trying to do their job. There also seems to be ignorance in some of our posters (Fudge).

I didn't say a "zero" chance, I said "almost a zero chance". There is a difference.

It doesn't change the fact that if you go onto any airline you get the same briefing again and again, no matter how many times you hear it. Why should I bother to stop reading my book for something I've heard a hundred times before?

If ignoring a saftey demonstration is the most ignorant thing I do in a day then it's been a fairly ignorance free day as far as I'm concerned. I sit and read a book, I'm not helicoptering my cock around the aisle trying to put them off or anything!

Edited by Fudge

I can recite the thing off by heart after flying twice a week for a year.

I still would stop what I was doing and pay attention though. Common courtesy.

Plus a better chance of a BJ in the toilet for not being ignorant. (To the male attendants it's only gay if you're giving).

;)

I can recite the thing off by heart after flying twice a week for a year.

I still would stop what I was doing and pay attention though. Common courtesy.

Plus a better chance of a BJ in the toilet for not being ignorant. (To the male attendants it's only gay if you're giving).

wink.gif

Thank you.

I phoned my careers office the other day and they said that they'd phone ahead for the information I wanted, and call me back. They didn't phone back. I phoned them again a few days later. Asked the same thing, was told the same thing. They didn't phone back. 'No news is good news'

Should I phone again?

Edited by MarvMarvSuperMarv