Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

right. probably the wrong company to pose this in, but I am attending a soiree on saturday. its the kind of soiree/dinner party/housewarming where you might appear with a bottle of decent wine.

the hostess' prefers white, sadly I have no clue about wine and when I am forced to opt for wine I go for a chilean red -a paper I read once indicated it was high in flavvanoids which reduce heart disease etc.

Does the collective 'nose' of p&b have a suggestion as to a decent (<or = £15) white I might get?

right. probably the wrong company to pose this in, but I am attending a soiree on saturday. its the kind of soiree/dinner party/housewarming where you might appear with a bottle of decent wine.

the hostess' prefers white, sadly I have no clue about wine and when I am forced to opt for wine I go for a chilean red -a paper I read once indicated it was high in flavvanoids which reduce heart disease etc.

Does the collective 'nose' of p&b have a suggestion as to a decent (<or = £15) white I might get?

I would heartily recommend this

It's a fantastic wine, crisp and light, with a very slight subtle vanilla aftetaste. An absolute belter.

Thing is, you can only get it by special order, so you'd have to find somewhere that sells it before Saturday.

This place stocks it (£13), but you might struggle for a delivery by Saturday, and it's in Edinburgh.

So....that's probably f**k all help then, but.... if you can find somewhere that has it - result.

Edited by Monster

If Dick Dastardly wanted to win the Wacky Races, he should have just carried on driving instead of going ahead every time and planting a trap.

It's funny you should say this, I was saying the exact same sometime last week to Lyn-Marie.

There was nothing else on TV, honest...

I understand the components of the potential joke/pun but I just don't see where the joke/pun is.

I might be wrong, but thinking back to Higher Chemistry I think it's some sort of ether, hence the 'pun,' ethernet

Thigh-slappingly hilarious. Exuberant, permission to chuckle is denied

Edited by Shawfield Stallion

I might be wrong, but thinking back to Higher Chemistry I think it's some sort of ether, hence the 'pun,' ethernet

Thigh-slapplingly hilarious

(di)ethyl ether net.

If ethernet is an attempt at a pun, they should be shot. No wonder I never got it.

EDIT - I've just googled 'ethernet' and it's actually a real thing. I never knew that, hence my not getting of the pun. Still rubbish though.

Chuckling permission denied

Edited by Fudge

Whenever I see Plymouth playing an away fixture on the Football League Show I always think that that wee man and his crew from the Aviva advert are there. And that he shouts "GREEN ARRRMMMY!"

I just thought I'd share that with you.

You're not the only one. When I see they are playing somewhere far from Plymouth on a Saturday I always think "That Aviva guy would have had to have left home early today."

Yes, I do realise that he probably isn't a Plymouth fan.