Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I phoned my careers office the other day and they said that they'd phone ahead for the information I wanted, and call me back. They didn't phone back. I phoned them again a few days later. Asked the same thing, was told the same thing. They didn't phone back. 'No news is good news'

Should I phone again?

Yes, shows your keen and pro-active.

I phoned my careers office the other day and they said that they'd phone ahead for the information I wanted, and call me back. They didn't phone back. I phoned them again a few days later. Asked the same thing, was told the same thing. They didn't phone back. 'No news is good news'

Should I phone again?

It's an initiative test.

You've failed...

I honestly wouldn't care less.

Come back and say that again when you're teaching. :P

Yeah because that pilot never brought down his plane on Hudson River and saved all passengers on board who then had to carry out an evacuation in line with their safety briefing.....

Wasn't that the first time there'd ever been a successful water landing or something like that?

Come back and say that again when you're teaching. tongue.gif

Wasn't that the first time there'd ever been a successful water landing or something like that?

And everyone adhered to the evacuation procedure and got out safely - so it does work.

Although I have to say that if the escape chutes can burst with high heels they cannot be up to muchbiggrin.gif

Aye. Once. Ever! It can't be that effective!

Tell that to the 350 people that are still alive today.....

I'll tell you what, next time there is a raging inferno in the place you work, don't bother using the fire exits, just step into a lift and let us know if the evacuation procedures are a waste of time.biggrin.gif

Tell that to the 350 people that are still alive today.....

I'll tell you what, next time there is a raging inferno in the place you work, don't bother using the fire exits, just step into a lift and let us know if the evacuation procedures are a waste of time.biggrin.gif

Er, it's the fact that everyone knows the score and has heard it so many times that people no longer bother listening. Obviously no one on the Hudson plane wasn't paying attention otherwise they'd have all died. :blink:

Tiger Woods -the serial adulterer- making a statement and coming over all preachy about ooh press should leave me/family alone etc

oh and apparently he's becoming a Buddhist -again.

this would be a pttgoyn but, frankly I couldn't care less -except that he seemed to be a preachy Buddhist.

elin will leave him within the year -he wont be able to stop himself.

I think I've just seen one of the coolest names for a footballer I've ever heard.

He plays in the Dutch Jupiler League for Excelsior, and his name is Kermit Erasmus.

8)

There's a Porto player called The Hulk,a Brazilian striker who resembles Lou Ferrigno.now that's a cool name