Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 14/06/2023 at 11:41, Jacksgranda said:

I have to get my PSA level checked every 3 months to keep an eye on my prostate cancer. I was a bit late getting it done and got 2 reminder phone calls from the Cancer Centre*. Got my blood taken about 2 weeks ago, and phoned up to get the results. The receptionist went over a pile of things I didn't even know were getting checked but no PSA result. "Oh, we don't get that, you have to phone the hospital." Ballix (I didn't actually say that), I've never had to phone the hospital before.

However, the GP definitely didn't have them so phoned the hospital. ""Oh, no, nothing to do with us, if your GP surgery took the tests, they would get the results."

Back to the GP surgery, got the same lassie as I had spoken to earlier, I didn't recognise her voice, but fortunately I didn't criticise her (something along the lines of "silly woman didn't know what she was doing" was running through my head), and they definitely didn't have them so we decided the best course of action was to get another test done, last week.

Phoned yesterday to get the result and was told it had got lost in the system. 

Got an appointment slipped in at 14.10 yesterday afternoon, so third time lucky. 

*However, no more calls from the Cancer Centre, and I'm wondering whether they got the result of the first test, but leaving everyone else in the dark

0.03, pleased with that.

Almost 3 hours of trooping the colour on the national broadcaster today. I know I can and will watch something  else but what an absolute lot of pish, the type of nonsense you'd be laughing at North Korea for. 

26 minutes ago, thomas said:

Almost 3 hours of trooping the colour on the national broadcaster today. I know I can and will watch something  else but what an absolute lot of pish, the type of nonsense you'd be laughing at North Korea for. 

Can't help wondering what they would have done if Charles had woken up and said, "To hell with it, I can't be arsed going out. Think I'll just have a duvet day."

At Tesco earlier and the woman at the next checkout had her trolley loaded with Mr Kipling cakes. 

"They're for my husband. He's terrible" 

Shop Assistant "Are they not full of sugar. You need to be careful for diabetes" 

Woman "He's got diabetes" 

😳😳😳

23 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

At Tesco earlier and the woman at the next checkout had her trolley loaded with Mr Kipling cakes. 

Shop Assistant "Are they not full of sugar. You need to be careful for diabetes" 

😳😳😳

FHeRJmTWUAEH25c.jpg

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

😳😳😳

I was in a check out queue at Lidls recently when the woman in front of me's phone rang.

She answered it, and in a snooty accent told the caller that she was in a queue at Sainsburys and would call back shortly.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

The elderly/ retired should be banned from entering town centres at the weekend.  Maybe like one of those city centre Low Emission Zone type of situations.

They have all the time in the world yet venture out when it's most inconvenient, I reckon they're all in on it together just laughing at us.

37 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just seen two consecutive yellow cars in the same lane.

Mind bogglin'.

Would have been two consecutive punches on the arm on a journey with me and my brother when we were young. The yellow car game. 

Headed into town to toast @SlipperyP's birthday (and the Scotland game). Ditched the vehicle and walked in, on the way in was the first red flag. Boys falling all over the shop. My local is smack bang in city centre and that was no better. Red faces, bucket hats and falling about all over the shop. Ordered a pint of pineapple juice said my pleasantries and headed. 

If I go out it has to be before 2pm or I don't enjoy it. This is how.

I realise I'm acting like a crabbit bastirt but moderate your drinks until a certain time FFS.

5 hours ago, Rugster said:

Would have been two consecutive punches on the arm on a journey with me and my brother when we were young. The yellow car game. 

We played a game in which you picked red or royal/navy blue, whereby two in a row would be a point, and three would be two points.  However, you could gamble and go with two yellows, which would give you an all out win at any point.

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

We played a game in which you picked red or royal/navy blue, whereby two in a row would be a point, and three would be two points.  However, you could gamble and go with two yellows, which would give you an all out win at any point.

Big team found