Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

No doubt someone will be on shortly (sowing seeds of love) saying Thistle never actually existed. 

I thought they did? I mean Inverness Thistle? And they merged with Inverness Caledonian in the 90s to get entry to the SFL (rather than one or the other getting entry)?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I thought they did? I mean Inverness Thistle? And they merged with Inverness Caledonian in the 90s to get entry to the SFL (rather than one or the other getting entry)?

No. Fake news. It was Caley. Or according to one poster on here ‘The Caley’ that gained entry to the SFL. Going to see Thistle at home when Clach were away to Peterhead or Fraserburgh didn’t actually happen. I imagined it all. Seemed real at the time but apparently only one team made it into the SFL. 

On 30/08/2023 at 12:39, MEADOWXI said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66654134

Reading an article on Canadian Govt warning its citizens re visiting the US and it mentioned;

"Some states have enacted laws and policies that may affect 2SLGBTQI+ persons.

Had not a clue of half of what that was, fortunately they explained;

The term 2SLGBTQI+ is widely used in Canada for people who consider themselves two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning or intersex.

I am struggling to keep up with the growing descriptions, and there might be a Q missing.

I think you mean "screw".

On 31/08/2023 at 20:13, The DA said:

I think a lot of today's kids will never start working - as we know it. Artificial Intelligence will manage so much of what most of us do.

The question is whether the savings/profits will be shared equally with the un-jobbed or whether they'll go to the plutocrats.

Hmmmm, it's a puzzler.

On 31/08/2023 at 22:09, Granny Danger said:

I retired 20 months ago.  Walking between 5 and 8 miles every day, drinking wine and posting shit on here can take up an surprising amount of time.

You were doing that before you retired...

I go down the Stannergate between Craigie and Broughty Ferry near everyday for a walk by the water yo clear the head. There was a massive house fire (I suspect some form of gas explosion due to the reek) and it was disheartening the amount of folk and cars I seen stand gawping at somebody's home go up in smoke. They nearly brought the road to a standstill. I don't mean slowing down to look, I mean abandoning cars on a dual road and stand watching.

5 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I go down the Stannergate between Craigie and Broughty Ferry near everyday for a walk by the water yo clear the head

When I was last in Dundee (Jan 2003) I went to the Ferry, had a few pints in a few old haunts something to eat in the Ship. It was a mild sunny day so I decided to walk to the Grassy Beach and kept walking to the Stannergate, think I eventually headed up to Dock Street to catch a bus. Anyway it was a a Trains and Boats and Planes (Bacharach & David Song) moment as at one time a train was heading to Dundee, a ship was passing on it’s way to Perth and a plane had just taken off from RAF Leuchars. 

I'll bet no one ever on here thought that they would ever read someone posting ''I wouldn't mind a cold refreshing glass of grapefruit juice if I could find someplace that stocks it nowadays?'' But here I am.

Is there a thread for stuff you don't see anymore?

3 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

I'll bet no one ever on here thought that they would ever read someone posting ''I wouldn't mind a cold refreshing glass of grapefruit juice if I could find someplace that stocks it nowadays?'' But here I am.

Is there a thread for stuff you don't see anymore?