Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

:lol: I heard about you standing shirtless in the toilet holding your top yonder the hand drier. Sounded superb. Who. Was the bird you were sending 'those' texts to you mentioned earlier?

You single handedly trying to evacuate The Hive was funny as f**k. Can you mind that? Some weeken for you lad ;)

A bird that I'm kinda just started seeing from uptown. We're not exclusive(least that I know of :ph34r: ) so I don't feel like I'm playing away or anything to the point, at least where I'd feel guilty about Saturday nights antics(like f**k I would anyway!) ;)

I couldn't remember leaving, those cocktails floored me. Brilliant, I can't say I'm shocked :lol: Must have been that I thought I'd seen an alien, or thought a bomb is going off again(true story in previous btw). I hope you at least some money on Sked's odds from earlier :lol:

Best.Weekend.Ever!

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Ohhh so you're a cheat now are you! Never thought youd stoop that low :P

I think it was when you saw the bird Sked was shnecking and you told me to get the hell out of there quickly. Was great.

I'll be breaking my Haddington duck this weekend so hopefully events continue (thats if the Lith allows you to come out).

Ohhh so you're a cheat now are you! Never thought youd stoop that low :P

I think it was when you saw the bird Sked was shnecking and you told me to get the hell out of there quickly. Was great.

I'll be breaking my Haddington duck this weekend so hopefully events continue (thats if the Lith(s) allows you to come out).

:lol: But, but, the bed had two half decent burds telling me to come hither! You don't think about the consequences! The real question is how I could ascend so high! :P

haha! fair play to him, I think my comments earlier on must have have spurred him onto it.

I don't know if I'll be out Saturday or not as I could be uptown, but the rest should be fair game 8)

I was asked about specific programming languages and computer systems in an interview today.

I knew f**k all, even with notes in front of me - SOA technical architecture was my only response. No idea what it is, and I said it so quickly and in shame I don't really know/care if they took it down.

laugh.gif

Thing about that is, he hasn't really "covered his bases", has he? If you deliberately help someone get drunk before they sign somkething then it's hardly likely to be legally binding.

Thing about that is, he hasn't really "covered his bases", has he? If you deliberately help someone get drunk before they sign somkething then it's hardly likely to be legally binding.

Erm... it's not that straightforward. Encouragement isn't sufficient. It would have to be administered without her consent.

Erm... it's not that straightforward. Encouragement isn't sufficient. It would have to be administered without her consent.

A piece of paper drawn up by him and signed by her, while intoxicated, with no witnesses. Plus any legal council would argue that it would be fair and reasonable for her to expect the artwork not to be offensive, discriminatory ect, ect.

We can all look at legal angles but a sheriff or a judge can just say that she trusted him and he abused that, being "fair" does matter.

A piece of paper drawn up by him and signed by her, while intoxicated, with no witnesses.

Only matters if she denies signing it.

Plus any legal council would argue that it would be fair and reasonable for her to expect the artwork not to be offensive, discriminatory ect, ect.

That falls to breach of contract, not the validity of the contract.

We can all look at legal angles but a sheriff or a judge can just say that she trusted him and he abused that, being "fair" does matter.

That has nothing to do with whether or not the contract was valid.

No, that's not true in most US jurisdictions. Taking advantage of someone's drunken status to have them sign a contract does actually render some contracts void. Remember, we're talking about planet earth here, not your libertarian paradise.

No, that's not true in most US jurisdictions. Taking advantage of someone's drunken status to have them sign a contract does actually render some contracts void. Remember, we're talking about planet earth here, not your libertarian paradise.

Apologies I didn't realise it was from the US.

Scotland is hardly a "libertarian paradise" though. Intoxication itself doesn't make a contract void or voidable. People have to be so heavily intoxicated that they are incapable of giving true consent.

Canton, Ohio. And over here it isn't just about whether the person is capable of giving "true consent", it's also about whether or not the other signer 1) knew the person was drunk and 2) knowingly sought to take advantage of it. The way the article is written suggests that both of those are massively true - although it's just as likely that that was an enthusiastic journalist taking it to extremes.

Only matters if she denies signing it.

That falls to breach of contract, not the validity of the contract.

That has nothing to do with whether or not the contract was valid.

Her name on that piece of paper (if she sues) is worth the sharp end of f**k all.

I take it she signed then he got busy?

So is a 10 minute cooling off period mandatory with such contracts?

Could you imagine walking around the town on a Saturday night with a selection of contracts looking for drunk people to sign?

"it quite clearly says fellatio", "there's not a court in the land that would let you wriggle out of this contract"

Canton, Ohio. And over here it isn't just about whether the person is capable of giving "true consent", it's also about whether or not the other signer 1) knew the person was drunk and 2) knowingly sought to take advantage of it. The way the article is written suggests that both of those are massively true - although it's just as likely that that was an enthusiastic journalist taking it to extremes.

Yeah I checked the article when you mentioned that. All fair enough. Pleasantly surprising to see greater protections against prejudicial contracts in a US jurisdiction than a European one.

Her name on that piece of paper (if she sues) is worth the sharp end of f**k all.

I take it she signed then he got busy?

So is a 10 minute cooling off period mandatory with such contracts?

Could you imagine walking around the town on a Saturday night with a selection of contracts looking for drunk people to sign?

"it quite clearly says fellatio", "there's not a court in the land that would let you wriggle out of this contract"

Don't know about the US, but in Scotland at least, cooling off periods only apply to distance selling and where they're specifically provided for in the contract.