Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I am sitting in my front room on the other side of Edinburgh from Murrayfield as I type this. You can hear the concert, it's pretty loud. It's now 10.30 pm. 

The Council insisted at the old Edinburgh City Social Club noise limiters were fitted as the pensioner's bingo was too loud. 

The old music venue at Calton Studios was eventually shut down after the owner got fed up with Council pressure regarding complaints about noise from folk who had bought new build flats. The same new build flats where the builders had failed to put in proper sound proofing. 

The leader of Edinburgh Council was on the radio this morning saying what a good thing this concert was. 

I hope Taylor's limousine hits one of the many unfilled potholes in the Capital's roads. 

Aye, but the bingo didn't put smiles on tens of thousands of our music loving teenagers.

Or bring in squillions of Dosh.

23 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Simple answer to fix it once and for all.

Those who call it a chippy are correct, those who refer to it as a chipper get permanently banned from the site.

arnold meme Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

20 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Don't ask for a pint of heavy either. Ask me how I know.

I believe that's where one of local rugby wankers curls off a toley into your glass.

Don't ask me how I know.

On 06/06/2024 at 11:10, Zetterlund said:

Went for a chippy in Scarborough the other night, ordered 2 fish suppers and the lassie behind the counter looked at me like I was an alien.

"Is that like fish & chips?"

The guy doing the frying laughed and said he'd only ever heard 'fish supper' once before in 29 years.

I was astonished. Genuinely thought it was universal language. Please tell me it's at least universal within Scotland?

It's universal here. Well, we always refer to them as "fish suppers" in our house.

I thought everything that came out of a chip shop accompanied by chips was "a supper".

Spent most of my childhood in the southern half of England. Nobody would've known what you were talking about if you asked for a supper in a chippy. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same in the northern half.

On 07/06/2024 at 15:25, MacDuffman said:

If your in England don't ask for a chicken supper. They really think you're mad. Mate had to tell me they don't do that down there.

Hard luck, Bobby Sands...

Rupert Murdoch marries Elena Zhukova in his 5th wedding | localmemphis.com

Hold our fucking beers.

Together, the collective age of the bride and groom was nearly 200. But World War II veteran Harold Terens and his sweetheart Jeanne Swerlin proved that love is eternal as they tied the knot overnight inland of the D-Day beaches in Normandy, France.

WWII veteran, 100, marries 96-year-old bride near D-Day beaches (1news.co.nz)

Spent a fantastic weekend in Tilburg in Holland with my boys U9 team for a tournament. 

His team came 3rd overall. Lost in the semi to our other team we brought. 

The tourney was at Trinitas Oisterwijk's training center. The place is incredible. 

Screenshot_20240609-080159.png

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Spent a fantastic weekend in Tilburg in Holland with my boys U9 team for a tournament. 

The tourney was at Trinitas Oisterwijk's training center. The place is incredible. 

St Cadoc? Doesn't sound staunch enough for you?

Sounds like an excellent experience for 8 year olds though. Playing in a tourney in the Netherlands. At 8 I could only dream of a trip to Annan or Lochmaben!

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

City vs United.

It is quite amusing when there's a 'United' in a town where there's also at least one other big team. Fooling naebdy.