Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On Friday afternoon whilst up north, a guy driving a giant lorry down a dead-end single track road stopped and rolled down his window to speak to us. We thought he was going to ask us for directions as he was obviously lost but instead he asked us (cue broad Yorkshire accent): "Hey, is this delivery of ammunition for you?!". Upon saying no, he said "well who the f*** am I delivering this to then?!"

This was just ahead of a military bombing operation around Cape Wrath and instead of asking one of the many guys jogging about in t-shirts telling the world they were army commandos (just in case they forgot what their job was on the way), he decided to offer it to a group of folk on a field trip driving about in a Turner Self Hire minibus.

This was the day after encountering an army truck which had managed to crash and clear a roadside ditch on a straight stretch of road in broad daylight. I also found one of them lost in a pitch-black field as he tried to take a cross-country shortcut back from the pub I was at later that night (the same path I managed to navigate perfectly fine).

British Army: Be the Best. :lol:

Mind seeing one of those Simon Reeve travel documentaries, where he was walking about some completely unguarded, middle of nowhere field in one of the Caucausus countries (Georgia maybe) which was absolutely filled with Soviet heavy weaponry.

Seems it wouldn't be too hard to get your hands on some free military hardware these days :lol:

Hmmmm... a whole week of heavy rain / thunderstorms and 100% humidity. Magic. dry.gifsad.gif

Don't know if you're already here, but it was fairly warm today, had a bit of rain and it wasn't very sunny though.

Edited to add: I seen a guy wearing a retro Scotland top in the town centre today, wasn't you by any chance? :P

Edited by Zanetti

Just been reading about (mad) Jack Churchill. Fascinating character.

Longbows are much underused even in conflicts today, the fear factor, cheapness, silence and accuracy would be a must for folk like the Taliban I would have thought.

He was mad though.

Longbows are much underused even in conflicts today, the fear factor, cheapness, silence and accuracy would be a must for folk like the Taliban I would have thought.

He was mad though.

Longbows are only effective after intensive training with them: you really would be better off learning how to use a firearm.

For a stealthy, low-tech and above all, no skill required weapon, the crossbow has to be underrated.

Edited by vikingTON

Longbows are only effective after intensive training with them: you really would be better off learning how to use a firearm.

For a stealthy, low-tech and above all, no skill required weapon, the crossbow has to be underrated.

You don't see enough trebuchets on the news these days imo.

Difficult to conceal, that's the problem. Unless they pretend to set up a ducking stool for the local harlot I suppose.

I'm bringing back the leather sling and rock combo. The Romans kent how to bash someone on the head from a relatively long way away.

1349185073[/url]' post='6678062']

I drove through a huge puddle and nearly drowned a wee old lady. She had her wee yorkie on the lead and pulling her wee trolley.

I feel like such a b*****d!!!

I think I heard once that you can get done for that. Some kind of dangerous driving or similar.

I drove through a huge puddle and nearly drowned a wee old lady. She had her wee yorkie on the lead and pulling her wee trolley.

I feel like such a b*****d!!!

I was walking to the mall to buy Fifa on Saturday and I got splashed a 'dullyin' by not one but two pickup trucks. I was still sodden when I got to the game shop, so much so that when I was signing the receipt the guy actually had to go and find paper towels to mop up the counter. I explained that I'd been involuntarily splashed and he called me a "poor thing". Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I was walking to the mall to buy Fifa on Saturday and I got splashed a 'dullyin' by not one but two pickup trucks. I was still sodden when I got to the game shop, so much so that when I was signing the receipt the guy actually had to go and find paper towels to mop up the counter. I explained that I'd been involuntarily splashed and he called me a "poor thing". Just thought I'd throw that out there.

BEAST IMO (in my opinion).