Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

A friend of mine, and a few people on here died suddenly last week. He was at school on the thursday and died on the Saturday night/Sunday morning. School all week has been a bit strange and really quiet in classes. Today though, we had a memorial service. It was really well done by the boys closest friends and was a great tribute to him.

A friend of mine, and a few people on here died suddenly last week. He was at school on the thursday and died on the Saturday night/Sunday morning. School all week has been a bit strange and really quiet in classes. Today though, we had a memorial service. It was really well done by the boys closest friends and was a great tribute to him.

Guessing it's this guy by your location?

http://www.thesun.co...l-with-flu.html

I read it earlier and found it more sad than your average tragedy

Edited by The Arch

Guessing it's this guy by your location?

http://www.thesun.co...l-with-flu.html

I read it earlier and found it more sad than your average tragedy

Yeah thats him.

The thing that got most people was just how suddenly it happened. Not a bad bone in his body, and in all the years I had known him I hadn't seen him angry once. Sure the folk on here that know him will say the exact same thing.

After reading that, well, it nearly brings a tear to your eye. I thought that the way you were posting about it, pencils, is that he had been a long-term sufferer or something and that his condition suddenly deteriorated and that's how he died. The suddenness of it all must be hard to take.

When things like this happen you say how nice the person was regardless but this boy was liked by everyone but i genuinely dont know anyone who would have a bad word to say about him . It was just so sudden , it just makes you feel so vaunerable aswell , was sent home from school on Friday and we recieved the news on Sunday ,its so surreal.

One of my mates from school, who I hadn't spoken to in a good year and a half until he added me on Facebook, appears to have become a Latter Day Saint.

At first I thought it was just a wee joke that I didn't get on Facebook or something, but it seems that he's genuinely away to Utah for 18 months to learn all about it, or something like that. It's really strange, because he's just not the kind of bloke. He's also engaged (at 19) to his girlfriend of about 4 years, but that doesn't surprise me as much. I'd sort of assumed it'd be because she'd be pregnant, rather than some sort of religious epiphany on his part..

Madness.

One of my mates from school, who I hadn't spoken to in a good year and a half until he added me on Facebook, appears to have become a Latter Day Saint.

At first I thought it was just a wee joke that I didn't get on Facebook or something, but it seems that he's genuinely away to Utah for 18 months to learn all about it, or something like that. It's really strange, because he's just not the kind of bloke. He's also engaged (at 19) to his girlfriend of about 4 years, but that doesn't surprise me as much. I'd sort of assumed it'd be because she'd be pregnant, rather than some sort of religious epiphany on his part..

Madness.

Facebook is a real eye-opener when it comes to ex-classmates. On more than one occasion my head has literally jerked back in shock when reading profiles.

Edited by The Master

Facebook is a real eye-opener when it comes to ex-classmates.

You're not joking! Guy I was at school with who was the biggest shagger ever, a total man-whore, sent me a request on facebook, so I add him, and he's only a minister. An actual born again. It did raise a chuckle or two I have to say.

Madness.

What a mormon!

You're not joking! Guy I was at school with who was the biggest shagger ever, a total man-whore, sent me a request on facebook, so I add him, and he's only a minister. An actual born again. It did raise a chuckle or two I have to say.

:lol: For me the strangest one was adding my neighbour from when I lived in Arbroath. He was always pretty smart but a wee bit slow socially...14 years later and he's a handyman at Arbroath golf course.