Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Two police cars and a police van went battering past my flat there with lights and sirens going after all being parked just down the road for about half an hour. That noise was all quickly followed by a helicopter.

F*ck knows what's going on, but if I'm not on here tomorrow, my next post will be from the Cayman Islands. :ph34r:

Two police cars and a police van went battering past my flat there with lights and sirens going after all being parked just down the road for about half an hour. That noise was all quickly followed by a helicopter.

F*ck knows what's going on, but if I'm not on here tomorrow, my next post will be from the Cayman Islands. :ph34r:

Shouldn't have thrown the TV Licence reminder in the bin. Deserves you right.

I was walking home with my mate about an hour ago and I looked up and saw a massive dark circle around the moon. It was both cool and freaky . Google suggests it was a Lunar Halo. Although the google images don't seem as huge as what we saw. It was pretty awesome! Not seen one before.

Got home last night and in the dark managed to snap my key in the lock to the front of the block of flats, so sheepishly had to buzz a neighbour to let me in. I have only stayed there a few days so don't know anyone and it was about 11pm. Someone did thankfully let me in but as I got to my door and put what I thought was my flat key in the door it turned out it was my flat key that had snapped in the closey door! Before anyone says anything the two keys are very similar, and it was dark, and I'm and idiot. So I then had to phone my parents to get them to bring me my spare set, despite them being both sound asleep and a good 30 minutes drive away. Needless to say I felt like a right dick!

Its a private landlord and I don't know if the block is maintained by anyone in terms of a company or benefactor, so what should I do? I'm going down to put a note on the door to ask people to keep the door open and I'll need to contact my landlord, but is it me that's liable to pay tor a locksmith or would that be the landlord? The key is flush in the lock so I don't think I can get it out (unless anyone has any tips?)

All in all I feel like a bit of a jobby.

Since it's the communal door, I'd phone the landlord pronto, you don't want to get blamed for a break in to one of the other flats. Most landlords wouldn't charge you, so good luck. If it's a fancy lock on the communal door I wouldn't try taking it apart to get the key out if you don't know what you're doing, you could easily make things worse.

US Military install Fridge in every installation ..... Fridge becomes "self aware"........ Fridge tries to wipe out Mankind ..... Fridge sends Toaster back in time to kill Sarah Connor ......

Edit for spelling

Edited by Swarley

Try using a couple of decent nee

The key is flush in the lock so I don't think I can get it out (unless anyone has any tips?)

Try using a couple of decent needles or opened up safety pins to prise it out. Or maybe a good magnet. Even hitting the back of the lock may dislodge the key enough to get a hold of it.

:wub:

Responsible for teenage wrist sprains all across Britain in the 90's.

ah the teenage boy school days of the 90's'duelling jet' injuries and a million VHS Tapes of her hitting the crash mats in slow motion doing the rounds

I've experienced 3 of the 5 hottest days in Adelaide since record keeping commenced in 1888 or so. The 4th hottest 45.1c last Tuesday, 5th at 45c Jan 4 last year and 3rd at 45.7 in jan 2009. There were 2 days over 46 in 1939 and there would was no air conditioning then and clothing wouldn't have been as lightweight as today's. Plus the pubs shut at 6pm!!! This week also had the pleasure of experiencing 2 of the 3 longest spells of days over 40c - 6 day in 2009 and 5 Mon 13- Fri 17 Jan this year but this year every day was actually over 42c. highest run of days over 40c (5 days). Other Aussie P&Bers would have probably also enjoyed similar.

I've experienced 3 of the 5 hottest days in Adelaide since record keeping commenced in 1888 or so. The 4th hottest 45.1c last Tuesday, 5th at 45c Jan 4 last year and 3rd at 45.7 in jan 2009. There were 2 days over 46 in 1939 and there would was no air conditioning then and clothing wouldn't have been as lightweight as today's. Plus the pubs shut at 6pm!!! This week also had the pleasure of experiencing 2 of the 3 longest spells of days over 40c - 6 day in 2009 and 5 Mon 13- Fri 17 Jan this year but this year every day was actually over 42c. highest run of days over 40c (5 days). Other Aussie P&Bers would have probably also enjoyed similar.

Nah it's been pretty cold in Sydney in comparison. Western suburbs were up in the high 30s but I think my area was in low-mid 30s.

Some excitement for (what was formerly) Dumfries & Galloway Police.

"All units to Annan"...

_53413847_policetractor_wjo_1406_gvs.jpg

Apparently they had vans waiting at Annan station to meet us off the train, but no one told them the trains only went as far as Dumfries and we got a replacement coach :lol:

Apparently they had vans waiting at Annan station to meet us off the train, but no one told them the trains only went as far as Dumfries and we got a replacement coach :lol:

Who told you this?