Twin Atlantic

DarkBlue62

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gotten right into them - got their album after hearing them in fopp and googling the lyrics

'Your turning into john wayne' is my personal favourite - hope to see them at the abc

My favorite song aswell. :)

got tickets to one of their gigs a few months back, purely to see the support act sucioperro. sucio ended up pulling out because of the swine flu. nae chance in hell i was going to the gig after hearing that. twin atlantic reek of cheese and you couldn't pay me to go see them. they're the kind of band 14 year old lassies listen to.

Downloaded there album last week and although i needed a couple of listens, I really really like it. They remind me of another Scottish band called We Were Promised Jetpacks. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like it as something different.

I can't see Twin Atlantic having much success away from Scotlan though (like WWPJP) as the Scottish accent is just to strong, but still a decent band.

Anyone know of any live dates coming up?

Downloaded there album last week and although i needed a couple of listens, I really really like it. They remind me of another Scottish band called We Were Promised Jetpacks. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like it as something different.

I can't see Twin Atlantic having much success away from Scotlan though (like WWPJP) as the Scottish accent is just to strong, but still a decent band.

Anyone know of any live dates coming up?

O2 ABC on Saturday 6th february

£10 smile.gif

The accent totally ruins it most of the time... its not bad though! I just feel uneasy listening to them, if anyone gets what I mean?

I know exactly what you mean. It's just the vocals!

If you take away the vocals they are a perfectly solid band, but the guys voice just goes right through me. Every now and then I'll stick on one of their songs, but you won't catch me listening to the full album again any time soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Slight bump for this as I picked up the album after hearing "What is light? Where is laughter?" which, after one listen through of the album, is the best track by some distance. Maybe I'll get more into it but it's enjoyable enough just doesn't break any new ground and doesn't make you really sit up and listen.

• 11 months later...

Archived