Procycling thread

myshkin

Guys like Poels are dropping the likes of Quintana. How anyone still thinks Sky just "snap up the best climbers in the world" for their team is beyond me.

No one thinks they're clean though, surely? Is that what you mean?

Is there a more likeable guy in cycling than Jens Voigt?

Is this sarcasm? Reading cycling forums like I do, Jens is despised. A doper from the EPO era that somehow never tested positive. I quite like him tbf.

Said last week Froome could have six minutes overall by Paris. Depends on how he races it. If he wants to batter them on one of the last two stages he easily could, Pyrenees, ITT, and Alpine stages looks good. He might just decide to stick with Porte and Aru though as they`ll be the biggest attackers, that`d give him a comfy five minute buffer by Paris.

1 hour ago, Desert Nomad said:

Said last week Froome could have six minutes overall by Paris. Depends on how he races it. If he wants to batter them on one of the last two stages he easily could, Pyrenees, ITT, and Alpine stages looks good. He might just decide to stick with Porte and Aru though as they`ll be the biggest attackers, that`d give him a comfy five minute buffer by Paris.

I think you're right. No chance of any attacks from Mollema or Yates, as they'll want to hold what they have, and Quintana doesn't have the legs. I reckon Porte and Aru still think they have a shot of the podium, so I hope and expect they'll both try and attack in the next two days. Froome is long gone though.

I thought that I wouldn't be able to hate a team more than I hated US Postal, but along come Sky. Also, I despise "Froomey".

Also, re the Armstrong debate on the last couple of pages, is it really any surprise that he's been the most harshly treated? First of all, he is/was an absolute c**t, to sections of the media, to the rest of the peloton, to his own team mates. Single-handedly destroyed some careers. Additionally he always insisted he was whiter than whiter, you'd never catch him lowering himself to doping, made an absolute fortune from Cycling, then the whole cancer comeback and how "amazing" and "superhuman" it was (beginning to wonder if he actually had cancer or not tbh) then made even more money from the sport whilst still insisting that he didn't dope. It is really no surprise to me the way he has been treated. 

Treating the Sky domestiques as if they are your run of the mill drones helping out the leader isn't quite accurate though, is it? Porte was a domestique last year and now is BMC's leader and set for a podium. Pouls, Landa and Thomas at a push could be a leader for a mid ranked team and Sky don't really care so much about the Giro or Vuelta and have a bigger and deeper squad. 

2 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Is Brailsford still using "marginal gains" as a reason why his domestiques continually keep dropping some of the finest climbers in the world? :lol:

Guys like Nieve, Landa and Henao don't even look like they need to drop off on the climbs.  It's almost got the feel that they do it because they don't want to raise any more suspicion than they already do by having 4/5 riders up top when Quintana is dropping off the back.

Not been much chat on here of Adam Yates remarkable Tour to date.  If he keeps up this level of form then he'll surely be a future Sky leader...