Procycling thread

myshkin

Tony Martin spanks everybody to take the Rainbow jersey for the Elite Men's ITT. Averaged 33.3 mph for just under 3/4 of an hour!

Some performance.

Good women's road race yesterday. Close finish with Lizzie Deignan just missing the podium.

4 hours ago, printer said:

Some performance.

Good women's road race yesterday. Close finish with Lizzie Deignan just missing the podium.

Pretty much sums up her season then?

Watching Men's RR, on BBC red button. Looks extremely windy in the early stages.

Race completely blown apart, from the turn & ride back to Doha. Cav & Adam Blythe still there.

Edited by kiddy

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Sagan wins the sprint, Cavendish second.

Cav will be spitting feathers, but only has himself to blame.

Stuck to Sagan's wheel until the final 200m, then took an opposing line, only to be baulked by Mathews in the dash for the line. Momentarily forcing him to stop pedalling, costing him his chance on the line.

Beaten by a bike length, in what would have been a photo finish. But credit to Sagan, a top bike handler & worthy winner. Boonen filling out a top three comprising all previous winners.

48 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Stuck to Sagan's wheel until the final 200m, then took an opposing line, only to be baulked by Mathews in the dash for the line. Momentarily forcing him to stop pedalling, costing him his chance on the line.

Beaten by a bike length, in what would have been a photo finish. But credit to Sagan, a top bike handler & worthy winner. Boonen filling out a top three comprising all previous winners.

I had Cav E/W at 4-1 as well.

Really like Sagan though, absolute lad

8 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

I had Cav E/W at 4-1 as well.

Really like Sagan though, absolute lad

Sagan's the biggest personality the sport has had since Cippolini. Though I don't think he'll ever be topped.

Aye, you could see Cav was raging, doubt he'll ever get a better chance to win it given the course and the way the race went with guys like Greipel getting caught on the wrong side of the split.

Tour route out this morning, mainly South & East France. Only 1 ITT, prologue excepted.

Don't think I've ever seen a route completely avoid the West and North of the country like that. I see the ITT is in Marseilles on the final Saturday and will start and finish in the Stade Velodrome.

On 18/10/2016 at 23:48, peasy23 said:

Don't think I've ever seen a route completely avoid the West and North of the country like that. I see the ITT is in Marseilles on the final Saturday and will start and finish in the Stade Velodrome.

It's a route to suit Bardet and Pinot. 

Having the ITT as the penultimate stage is not a good idea. That stage should be a tough MTF to decide the GC.

• 1 month later...
There's a race on Eurosport right now where every cyclist has their own motorbike to slipstream. I have absolutely no idea what is going on. The motorcyclists are ridiculously deadpan which is quite amusing.

^^^ track cycling thread for this pish.