Procycling thread

myshkin

26 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Cycling News said that Anderson made it by 4 seconds but it was too close for comfort. He must have been very nervous coming up the final straight.

Luke Rowe missed the cutoff by 6 minutes! Very surprised by that. Did he crash?

5 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Just the 5 minutes Pogacar has got on the field now. Put a fork in it.

Some laugh hearing him say he blew up today 😂. Even when he's having a bad day he's gaining time.

Wout van Aert's a freak of nature. Competing in sprints and winning on Ventoux. Tremendous.

Some laugh hearing him say he blew up today [emoji23]. Even when he's having a bad day he's gaining time.
Wout van Aert's a freak of nature. Competing in sprints and winning on Ventoux. Tremendous.
Can only imagine the car telling him to knock it off, as he'd 5 mins on them.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Some laugh hearing him say he blew up today 😂. Even when he's having a bad day he's gaining time.

Even more of a freak than Cobrelli's miraculous conversion into an Alpine climber on Sunday. 

Can Van Aert beat Cav in tomorrow's bunch sprint? Nothing would surprise me now.

9 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Even more of a freak than Cobrelli's miraculous conversion into an Alpine climber on Sunday. 

Can Van Aert beat Cav in tomorrow's bunch sprint? Nothing would surprise me now.

Think there's one categorised climb so I suppose it depends what Mont Ventoux x2 has taken out of people. Wouldn't be a massive surprise if the break took it.

Been really enjoying the GCN+ coverage of this. Wiggins hanging off the back of a motorbike chatting shit is great fun. Got the whole year for £19 right at the start of the season.

7 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Think there's one categorised climb so I suppose it depends what Mont Ventoux x2 has taken out of people. Wouldn't be a massive surprise if the break took it.

Been really enjoying the GCN+ coverage of this. Wiggins hanging off the back of a motorbike chatting shit is great fun. Got the whole year for £19 right at the start of the season.

The breakaway was too strong in the crosswinds today. Good win for Pollit and Bora after Sagan's abandonment.

Hopefully, Cav has been well protected today and recovered from Mount Ventoux yesterday. Tomorrow is another big opportunity for him.

I have GCN's coverage via Eurosport as part of BT's Big Sport package.  

16 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The breakaway was too strong in the crosswinds today. Good win for Pollit and Bora after Sagan's abandonment.

Hopefully, Cav has been well protected today and recovered from Mount Ventoux yesterday. Tomorrow is another big opportunity for him.

I have GCN's coverage via Eurosport as part of BT's Big Sport package.  

Cracked up laughing at Dan Lloyd on the post race coverage talking about how he sold is FOUR skin suits when he retired. Say that one carefully. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Cracked up laughing at Dan Lloyd on the post race coverage talking about how he sold is FOUR skin suits when he retired. Say that one carefully. 

I like Dan Lloyd's style. GCN's coverage has been excellent. I only watch ITV4's highlights.

Cav said that he could have got in yesterday's breakaway with Alaphilippe. He chose not to because he thought that the other green jersey contenders' teams would have chased it down. I am not so sure that they had the manpower to do so and it was possibly a missed opportunity. His team should be rested to chase down today's breakaway and it would be fantastic if can equal the record today.

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I like Dan Lloyd's style. GCN's coverage has been excellent. I only watch ITV4's highlights.

Cav said that he could have got in yesterday's breakaway with Alaphilippe. He chose not to because he thought that the other green jersey contenders' teams would have chased it down. I am not so sure that they had the manpower to do so and it was possibly a missed opportunity. His team should be rested to chase down today's breakaway and it would be fantastic if can equal the record today.

Orla Chennaoui's a tremendous anchor as well for me. Very well informed and tremendously likeable. I watch GCN+ coverage during the day then I've been listening to the ITV podcast as well as David Millar's other stuff like Off Bike and Never Strays Far. So much content. 

About halfway through today's stage and Quickstep are holding the gap to the breakaway at under 3 minutes.

It looks like a bunch sprint opportunity for Cav but the other teams may have plans.

The tough finish could favour an attack by Van Aert or a puncheur.

About halfway through today's stage and Quickstep are holding the gap to the breakaway at under 3 minutes.
It looks like a bunch sprint opportunity for Cav but the other teams may have plans.
The tough finish could favour an attack by Van Aert or a puncheur.
3k to go and still all together.