Procycling thread

myshkin

contador, cancellara, porte, navarro, hernandez, c. sorensen, n. sorensen, larsson, de la feunte

that's an absolute murderer's row of a tour de france team. the shlecks are going to have to get some serious help.

Have also heard Riis is trying to get Rassmussen :o , just a rumour mind!

i read cunego was going to footon who have a bigger budget for next year.

menchov to astana seems to pop up a lot as well.

Katusha would also seem a logical destination for Menchov.

Have also heard Riis is trying to get Rassmussen :o , just a rumour mind!

Would make sense. Couple of feckin dopers together. No hiding place for Alberto Contador Velasco either unfortunately.

Incidentally good to see Dan Martin winning the Tour of Poland last week.

Looks like the Irish have finally got their new Stephen Roche/Sean Kelly.

Wonder when we will get out new Bob Millar?.

• 3 weeks later...

are you saying it's ok to blatantly cheat then. It's this kind of thing in all sports that just ruin the sports, like diving in football. Anyway contador and co. didnt have to wait for andy but they could have let catch up. I dont think contador deserves to win after that.

It's taken me ages to see this reply to my post, but what the fúck? I specifically said they should do everything in their power within the rules, so by definition not cheating. Diving is completely different because that IS against the rules and therefore IS cheating. What Contador did was emphatically not cheating. If it was, he'd have been penalised.

You do need to have a TTT in the first few days if you are having one so may as well be the prologue & limit the time differences. Why have it on floodlit streets though?

Is the red jersey a sponsor thing or to distinguish from TDF?

I think it was purely because of the heat in the South of Spain.

On the jersey - they seem to change the colour a lot in Spain. I'm sure they have tried black and yellow in past years and more recently gold.

Caught the tail end of todays stage of La Vuelta into Andorra & it beat most mountain stages of the Tour hands down as the leaders attacked one another on the final climb. Fine riding by Anton to let the others go clear, ride at his own pace, then catch & ride clear for the stage & overall lead. Looking forward to the remaining mountain stages(3 in total) & wonder whether Nibali can recoup time on Anton.

Mega bad crash that took out Vuelta leader Igor Anton today. Two or three of his Euskatel team mates got a dull yin too.

Watch out for Nicholas Roche in the next year or two. Showing up well in this Grand Tour after a good outing in Le Tour this summer.