Procycling thread

myshkin

Froome comes across as a petulant child. And they way he's came out with this book just now is very unprofessional. I hope he bombs in the tour and that Nibali plucks some form from somewhere.

Well Nibbles needs to find some form soon, as Froome's just shoed it to them on the Dauphine Libere, Contador & all.

Bertie hugged Froome's wheel the whole of the final climb (13k) & through multiple attacks by the Sky rider. Then didn't have it to come round Froome in the final sprint for the line.

Well Nibbles needs to find some form soon, as Froome's just shoed it to them on the Dauphine Libere, Contador & all.

Bertie hugged Froome's wheel the whole of the final climb (13k) & through multiple attacks by the Sky rider. Then didn't have it to come round Froome in the final sprint for the line.

I actually wouldn't mind if Froome won again, but I would at least like it to remain interesting for a while. Last years tour was pretty non-eventful GC wise.

Yesterday's crash appeared to have a little impact on Froome today.

Let Bertie get away, with 2 to go, & tried to shut him down in the last k. Minimal impact, shipped 20 secs, & el pistolero takes yellow by 8.

Another day in the mountains tomorrow, can he retrieve it?

Crash has obviously affected Froome more than thought, 5 mins off the pace. Contador had no such excuse finishing 1.15 down on stage winner Nieve (Sky) & 1.06 down on race winner Andrew Talansky (Garmin).

I can only take it Froome's injuries freed up his team mate to go for stage glory.

• 2 weeks later...

Proper read-through-the-fingers material, that. ETA: I wish more cycling journalists had Paul Kimmage's balls.

Edited by Sarto Mutiny

Top 5 for Tour: Froome, Contador, Valverde, Nibali and Van den Broeck

Cav for Green

Rest of that:

http://alexmarr14.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/2014-tour-preview-overall.html

I think Costa has a shot a top 5 and perhaps even the podium. Can climb well and also decent TT. The one ITT after all the mountains when everybody is shattered, could be a great leveller.

Great days racing with a perfect attack by Nibali. Can't see him beating Froome, Contador or maybe even someone like Talansky. Crowd numbers were unbelievable seeing so many people even lining the descents. Glad there hasn't been any major incidents involving the crowd with so many around.

Superb to see Contador, Froome et al right at the front today. Sagan will be kicking himself, brilliantly got over the climb, but couldn't control it by himself. Perfect counter attack by Nibbles. Superb days racing.

Yep felt Sagan should of won but didn't quite ride it correctly and everyone else sat and watched. It shows you don't need big alpin stages to get a great days racing and sort out.

I know doping, blood or otherwise isn't gone but it certainly isn't as prevalent and I think the racing is better for it.

Anyone catch that Armstrong documentary on BBC4 there? Being on BBC4 I'm assuming it's a repeat. Paul Kimmage was glorious on it.

Don't think it was a repeat Shug.

Agree, Kimmage was good. You can watch that entire Armstrong presser on You Tube.

And by f**k, Armstrong is one arrogant, bullying, mendacious, control freak of a c**t.