Procycling thread

myshkin

Don't think it was a repeat Shug.

Agree, Kimmage was good. You can watch that entire Armstrong presser on You Tube.

And by f**k, Armstrong is one arrogant, bullying, mendacious, control freak of a c**t.

Will need to catch it on iPlayer.

The Armstrong Lie on Channel 4 tonight should be decent.

I was in stitches at Kimmage "All this fuckin shite about the Jesus of fuckin cycling is back, stupid fuckin posters welcoming him back. I dedicated my life to investigating doping. I'm a former pro and it was going on when I raced and then all of a sudden Armstrong comes along and it all stops."

Took in some of the tour yesterday at High Bradfield, i thought there may be a few folk about, but all the roads for about 4 miles round about were lined with cars, thousands of people at this tiny village and thousands more at the top of the climb a bit up the road, unbelievable scenes!!

Anyway missed the sponsors caravan bit, but was stunned by the number of cars and outriders that go past between the caravan and riders, at a rough guess way over 150. It gets a bit annoying as everyone gets excited when a car or motorbike came over the hill!!

Anyway, a few pics of the race from my vantage point!

post-13747-0-86764500-1404732984_thumb.j

Watching the Armstrong Lie on channel 4.

What an utter fucking scumbag.

As a naive, fresh faced 15-year-old in 2003 I thought that stage where he fell and recovered was the greatest thing I had seen in sport. A memory destroyed.

An absolute dick.

Wasn't into Cycling at the time but I feel you're pain as, when I started I looked up to Jan Ullrich and then found out that he was doping.

PED fuelled or not, it's still the best days racing I've ever watched.

There's too many to pick from during the Armstrong era. Sestrieres 99, Hautacam or Ventoux 2000 also spring to mind. Braking going into corners uphill.

Aye Froome out.

Cue some ridiculous "crashed on purpose to avoid a drug test" rumours.

Do Sky they wish they'd taken Wiggo now?

Don't know about hin deliberately crashing but there's something about Team Sky that doesn't 'feel' quite right. Brailsford's constant media briefings re. drugs and how Persil his guys are sound a bit too 'Armstrongish' if you ask me.

Time will tell.

Sneaky £2 E/w on Lars Boom at 33/1, simply because he had the best name out of all today's 'contenders'. Looking good.

Top marks! Epic stage. GC turned inside out. Nibali showing tremendous form when the weather turns foul again. Other riders saying no surprise he did so well over the cobbles, terrific bike handler.

Don't know about hin deliberately crashing but there's something about Team Sky that doesn't 'feel' quite right. Brailsford's constant media briefings re. drugs and how Persil his guys are sound a bit too 'Armstrongish' if you ask me.

Time will tell.

Don't worry Richie Porte for GC. 3 in a row for Brailsford, success just finds him.

Don't worry Richie Porte for GC. 3 in a row for Brailsford, success just finds him.

Did you not think that Froome being granted a TUE for his inhaler was just a re-run of Armstrong and Verbrueggen concocting the backdated prescription for the corticosteroid cream ?