Procycling thread

myshkin

IMO, the riders should delay tomorrow's start.Have it out with the commissars, & outriders. Demand Sagan's fines are rescinded & only then start the stage

Cover the Tour, don't interfere with it.

Spot on.

I love Peter Sagan.

Also enjoyed the telly footage of Quintana congratulating the Orica Green Edge DS on the team's performance in the first week.

That short bit of film put him up in my estimation's never seemed to be able to take to him, Dumoulin and Chaves have been a breath of fresh air this week would love to see them up there at the end of the tour but can't see it, hopefully Sagan's fine is recinded as I would have been the same if a bike clipped me heading towards the end

Fantastic racing on the climb to the finish, with multiple attacks &, fair play to Dumuolin. Who stuck to the task & came up with the stage win & is now in the rojo jersey. Sorry to see Chavez crack & ship a minute in the final k. Hope he can recover & keep involved in the shake up to come.

Froome looks like he's riding his way back into form, with a fairly conservative ride, not responding to the games of the other GC contenders. Until in a position to go for it at his time of choice.

It's starting to come to the boil, & stage 11 should be fantastic.

When did Dumoulin become a climber who can beat GT winners and contenders? I hope that he's not this year's Chris Horner.

Said, in interview, that he's dropped a few kilo's coming into the Vuelta & the results have surprised him.

These stages have, by & large, been flat, with a short sharp, final climb.

Would expect his challenge to falter in the multiple HC climb stages to come. I think Chavez might well fair better than TD in those.

Said, in interview, that he's dropped a few kilo's coming into the Vuelta & the results have surprised him.

These stages have, by & large, been flat, with a short sharp, final climb.

Would expect his challenge to falter in the multiple HC climb stages to come. I think Chavez might well fair better than TD in those.

They've fucking surprised me too.

On Twitter he put it down to being kicked up the arse by his girlfriend.

There you go, cyclists, all you need is a pushy other half and you too can suddenly become a world class climber.

They've fucking surprised me too.

On Twitter he put it down to being kicked up the arse by his girlfriend.

There you go, cyclists, all you need is a pushy other half and you too can suddenly become a world class climber.

The Michelle Cound effect! Dumoulin has worked out Froome's marginal gains!

• 2 weeks later...

Dumoulin blows everyone away in the time trial to take the lead, but he only has a 3 second advantage over Aru. Rodriguez drops to 3rd over a minute down.

Dumoulin could be the new Indurain but Aru should win it.

Gaviria's win in Stage 4 of the Tour of Britain was spectacular. He just blew Greipel away. Cavendish did not get even close and just watched in amazement. Ettix-Quickstep have a new young star to replace Cav who looks to have lost his kick.