Procycling thread

myshkin

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:
14 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:
Great ride by Tom Pidcock to win the cycle-cross World Championship by 30 seconds.

Stunning performance by him, blew the field away.

He brilliantly fought off the Belgians' plan of multiple attacks using their eight riders. The last few laps were very comfortable.

With Van Der Poel still injured, only Van Aert could challenge him him on that form.

• 2 weeks later...

Toon Aerts tests positive and protests his innocence with the usual denials of a doper who is caught cheating - https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/toon-aerts-asserts-innocence-after-banned-drug-found-in-doping-test/.

The reality -"Letrozole, an aromatase inhibitor that is used mainly to block estrogen and slow the progression of breast cancer, is also abused by people who use anabolic steroids and want to block feminizing effects or to boost testosterone production by preventing its breakdown. It is forbidden at all times in the WADA prohibited substance list.

Aerts has requested further analysis of his B-sample but has opted to end his season until "there is more clarity"."

Official start of the World Tour today with Stage 1 of the UAE Tour. A pan flat blast out and back down the Emirati version of the M8 finishing in very disjointed sprint won by Jesper Philipsen of Alpecin Fenix. 

Although really the season starts next weekend with Omloop Het Nieuwsblad on Saturday.

Great piece - unusually for the BBC as its cycling coverage is appalling for a public service broadcaster. Tbh, you're being a bit harsh on Lefrevre who had no obligation to rehire Cavendish even on a low/token/sponsored salary. 
I thought that Cavendish was back at Scheldeprij. He was very comfortable "sweeping" for Bennett and just rolled over the line. IMHO, If Mark been allowed to contest the sprint, he would have won. At that point, I was desperate for him to be given the chance at the Tour to show his real form. Thankfully, it all worked out...
Like many cycling fans, I was absolutely livid that the woke BBC denied us the chance to vote for Cavendish as SPOTY. 
The BBC might have ignored him, but he's a nominee for the Laureus World Sports comeback of the year.d7475cad4c234048df1f6616fd937653.jpg

19 hours ago, kiddy said:

Thought the break might just do it, with JV interrupting the peleton chase, in KBK, only for them to get swamped yards from the finish. Jacobsen coming through to pip Caleb at the line.

Ewan was way back at the start of the sprint and had too much ground to make up. If he could improve his positioning, he'd win more races.

Jacobsen's form looks great and he saved Quickstep from another embarrassment. Hopefully, he'll go to the Giro instead of Cav.

Sivakov changes his cycling nationality to France. I'm actually ok with that since he grew up, was educated there and I think lives in France. He also speaks English with a French accent.
Gazprom RusVelo and all other Russian /Belarusian registered teams been suspended by the UCI but riders from these nations on other teams are allowed to compete. Although Vlasov won't be able to wear his national time trial Jersey in any event that has this discipline

27 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Sivakov changes his cycling nationality to France. I'm actually ok with that since he grew up, was educated there and I think lives in France. He also speaks English with a French accent.
Gazprom RusVelo and all other Russian /Belarusian registered teams been suspended by the UCI but riders from these nations on other teams are allowed to compete. Although Vlasov won't be able to wear his national time trial Jersey in any event that has this discipline

Sivakov also spoke out about the invasion I think. No issue with him doing the nationality swap either.