Procycling thread

myshkin

Good question raised on Eurosport and one I've never understood.

Why do the GC contnders never race into Paris? Say Evans takes a 3 second lead over Andy into tomorrow, why is it unlikely that Andy would attack and gain the 3 seconds back to win the Tour? I mean it is a race to Paris right? So would Andy be likely be punished by the peloton next year etc.? I know it's a day for the sprinters, but hat would be so wrong for a GC rider to try open gap and win the Tour?

Apparently the organisers have fucked up. Frank should have started before Evans. Their rule book says that if 2 riders from the same team are due to start consecutively then the lower ranked rider should start before the guy who preceeds him ie Frank then Evans then Andy.

Evans now leads by1'34 from Andy.

Congrats to Evans.

I thought he was pretty cautious and defensive the entire 3 weeks, I'd go as far as to say boring, but he has clearly came in with a tactic of keeping it close right up till the TT. Serious questions have to be asked about the Leopard Trek tactics, why oh why did they not try and take more time out of Evans yesterday? They were very content just to stick with him and have been absolutley blown away today.

You'd also think the Schlecks would put in extensive practice into TTing, thy are shite at it, and it will continue to cost them big races.

Great stuff by Evans he's got it right up Frandy.

Brilliant win by Tony Martin. Immense performance by him.

The Schleck's. What are they good at? They're above average in mountains, pretty good time trialists but they're not the class of a TDF winner.

Great for Evans, if he meant to win it on the TT then, it's be some strategy, he didn't kill himself over the HC hills but controlled it enough, in retrospect he might have played the schelcks an utter blinder and stitched them up like kippers.

The Schleck's. What are they good at? They're above average in mountains, pretty good time trialists but they're not the class of a TDF winner.

Did you watch any of the Tour? Or last years? :huh:

Anyway disappointing from Andy he was no where near where he was last year. But fair play to Evans, deserved the win.

Blubbed on the stage. Can't blame him.

Now for Cav can he keep the green and win the big sprint too?

Rojas still 15 behind Cav? Cav has taken green for me, Rojas won't pul back 15 on him tomorrow. Therefore Cav will win the stage at a canter. Can't see anyone stopping HTC.

The intermediate is on the first lap of the Champs Elysees I think, and if Cav picks up anything there then he has secured it I reckon. I'd expect Gilbert to try spring an upset.

Did you watch any of the Tour? Or last years? :huh:

:mellow:
Anyway disappointing from Andy he was no where near where he was last year. But fair play to Evans, deserved the win.

Evans was still a fair bit off Tony Martin