Procycling thread

myshkin

big break at the start of the race, the commentators have no clue what to make of it, 210km to go and they are panicking about a 4 min break away, the GB team are hardly putting the hammer down, i'll check back in about 2 hours to see what other insightful things I can learn from the bbc

best team ever?

spain 2008: contador, sastre, valverde, sanchez and freire

germany 2004 ulrich, kloden, voight, rich and zabel

both a bit better than wiggins, froome, millar, stannard and cavendish

Edited by T_S_A_R

Nibali attacks and takes 2 Belgians with him, including Gilbert. Danger for GB here.

I apologise to Sherwin and Liggett, they're only the second worst duo after the BBC. They have just said of the Gilbert/Nibali break away:

"I wonder if Cavendish will attack here."

Wut?

Philippe Gilbert (Belgium), Vincenzo Nibali (Italy), Gregory Rast (Switzerland), Andriy Grivko (Ukraine), Niki Terpstra (Netherlands), Luca Paolini (Italy), Sylvain Chavanel (France), Jack Bauer (New Zealand), Jakob Fuglsang (Denmark), Roman Kreuziger (Czech Republic)

that's a strong chase group.

if they get catch the breakaway they should make it to the end no problem.

I apologise to Sherwin and Liggett, they're only the second worst duo after the BBC. They have just said of the Gilbert/Nibali break away:

"I wonder if Cavendish will attack here."

Wut?

The coverage of this is terrible.

I just mentioned the commentary on the Olympic forum and how shite it is.. I like Chris Boardman on his ITV analysis duties but I don't think he's cut out for the commentary box. Not because of what he says but more because he can't fill in the long gaps with random shite like Eurosport. And Hugh Porter has been ....well the less said the better to be honest. He was getting himself worked up about a 2 minute breakaway despite there being over 200km to go! :blink: