Procycling thread

myshkin

Sky will probably give Cavendish the full lead out train on Sunday to try and keep him happy.

They will. Wiggins, Froome and Cavendish all on the podium wearing Sky jerseys is a sponsor's wet dream.

I reckon it'll be the full Sky team on the lead out. I hope Cav does it again.

Ubehandlet_webpix_812279o.jpg

Bet he's doping as well.

Serious question to all the people who think that the winner every year must be cheating, why are still watching cycling if you think it is corrupt?

Great stage today, and good to see that at least two young French riders, Pinot and Felou will be there to challenge Rolland over the next few years.

Serious question to all the people who think that the winner every year must be cheating, why are still watching cycling if you think it is corrupt?

Great stage today, and good to see that at least two young French riders, Pinot and Felou will be there to challenge Rolland over the next few years.

I've often wondered the same. I mean Wiggins isn't even 3 minutes ahead of Nibali, it's not like it's a ridiculous number, yet many will tell you he is 100% doping. If he's doping and only 2:40 ahead of the next nearest guy who isn't on his team. He hasn't rode away from anyone or put in any blistering or vicious attacks.

David Duffield "It's curtains for Karpets"

David Harmon "I've just missed something on screen because I'm too busy fannying about on twitter"

Sean Kelly "On the rivet as they says in cycling terms" (repeat at least once a broadcast)

Phil Liggett "It's Stephen Roche....."

Paul Sherwin "I love Lance, really love him"

basso makes his thoughts on sky known (and he would know)

“Look. It’s the same discussion as always, it’s like watching the Tour when Lance [Armstrong] or [Miguel] Indurain raced. You could try to attack, get ahead, but then what are you going to do? Just to have a laugh?” Basso said, sitting on the steps of the team bus.

“If he [Wiggins] goes as they have been, where Richie Porte is pulling and you are on the wheel pushing 420 watts, then explain to me, where are you going to go?

Personally because I enjoy it. It`s a fantastic spectacle regardless of whether they are doping or not, a sport played out in the natural environment. I still love the climbs, love the sprints, love the tactics. I just take it with the biggest pinch of salt, I`d love their to be a proper movement by riders/teams/UCI against doping, but we get half-arsed controls & the pitiful bio passport. Riders and teams have an awful lot of trust to build after everything they`ve done over the last 20 years. Do you not notice that riders are still getting caught doping(although not as regular as before)? I mean we`ve just had Frank Schleck thrown off the Tour FFS! A podium finisher last year in the Tour!

I`d love to think the peloton is clean, I`m not that naive though.

If the current Lance investigation is blown wide open, it`ll be the single biggest story in sporting history. Fraud built on that incredible comeback from cancer.

On to team Sky & here`s an interesting blog, not about doping before anyone starts tongue.gif

http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/07/what-is-my-trouble-with-a-team-sky-tour-de-france-victory/

Ubehandlet_webpix_812279o.jpg

Bet he's doping as well.

because its a great sport to watch and the cheats arent going to take it away from me

I don't necessarily think the winner is doping, but I'll answer all the same---personally, I think that what these guys do is so incredible that its still a fantastic spectacle regardless of whether or not they're doping. I probably wouldn't be able to finish most legs of the tour, never mind race all of them and somehow find the energy for a sprint at the end of each one!

Do you not notice that riders are still getting caught doping(although not as regular as before)? I mean we`ve just had Frank Schleck thrown off the Tour FFS! A podium finisher last year in the Tour!

I`d love to think the peloton is clean, I`m not that naive though.

I think you have actually answered your own question there. I think it's great that one or two lads get pulled up most years. If no-one was getting caught, I would be more inclined to think that the dopers were getting more clever when it came to the use of masking agents. Christ, we had a guy thrown off the tour last week, not for what he was using (glucose), but because, quite rightly, any injecting is banned. You'll know, but others reading this will not, glucose is not a substance on the banned list, shock horror.

Noticed myshkin giving a few quotes from some of the commentators a bit earlier, and it reminded me of Sean Kelly trying to say vehicle last week. Stick to car in future please Sean.

Anyway, Cav today, wow. I reckon that was better than his sprint on the Champs Elysees a couple of years ago.

Wiggins tomorrow and Cav on Sunday, the SKY haters are gonna go fucking apeshit.:lol:

Anyone in any doubt about Cav being the best pure sprinter at the moment surely had those doubts quashed yesterday. Stick him on a relatively flat road, without technical difficulty or incident, and he'll win the race, lead out train or not.

The reason Sagan is so far ahead in the green jersey is that he's a much better climber and also able to go with the breakaways. He's a very good sprinter, but not as good as Cav.

Evans surely must be injured/ill. He TT'd terribly. He got caught by Van Garderen.

i think evans has pulled a sastre this year.

last year he won on a program, this year he is worried about the testing because he doesn't his win to be discredited. i'm guessing he didn't even top up on the last rest day.

does anyone have any doubt after today?

owning the TT after dominating in the mountains and also setting up a sprint win for a laugh in between.

out the 60 possible 1-2-3 places from the 20 days racing so far sky have claimed 16 places which is 26.6%. that is ridiculous.

None of these things are a fact though eh?

Surprised that your aren't accusing Schnedicker of doping on the Open thread.

it's a fact that cycling has been dominated by drug cheats for decades.

i've yet to see anyone give a reason as to why that is no longer true other than that they think the sky mob seem like good guys.

google gary player's thoughts on drugs in golf and dr anthony galea if you are interested in doping in golf ;)