Procycling thread

myshkin

contador must be raging watching this.

think of all the times he could have destroyed the competition but soft pedalled for the sake of appearances and now sky are riding like it's 2002 and ripping anyone who questions them.

bertie vs uk postal in 2013 should be a cracker :ph34r:

This reminds me of somebody

Particularly...

I'm tested by the UCI God knows how many times a year, God knows how many times on this race and the Dauphine. Blood tested in the morning. What more can I do? Other than that? I don't know. I'd love to know. I'm only human at the end of the day. I'm not this robot. I'm just a kid from London who happened to be good at cycling, made it here.

Decent bit on Wiggins by Paul Kimmage:

Edited by Desert Nomad

Mark Cavendish for sure. His performances have went downhill since he left HTC. They must have been doping.

Peter Sagan as well. He is obviously clean as a whistle.

In a funny sort of way it wouldn`t surprise me if somewhere down the line Cav doesn`t become some sort of whistleblower laugh.gif whatever he says he`ll be hating this Tour.

Clean riders? Sandy Casar. I do believe that if he`d been on a programme of some kind, he`d be right up there in the top 5 at least. Dan Martin is another one that springs to mind. David Millar, if he`s anything but, I`d be hugely surprised, especially at this stage of his career. What about Gilbert`s sudden dip in form? Hailed as a definite clean rider at one point, then that almighty year in 2011. His doctor from a year ago is now on Boonen`s team, & guess what? He`s been superb over the classic season.

David Moncoutie has always been held up as a clean rider.

So everyone in the top 10 you would say is on some kind of programme?Or even higher?

Casar is 27th, 18minutes back

I'm not saying none of them are riding clean, but question marks hang over every one of them, due to doctors on the team who've been implicated before or even management & directeur sportifs. Omerta in the peloton stinks.

Did Sheriwn just say Mick Rogers was a contender to win the Tour 2 or 3 years ago?laugh.gif

we have stepped into an alternate universe.

rogers has been a GC contender causing havoc in the high mountains for years now.

richie porte is the super domestique of the peloton and puts the hurt on like no one else. slyvster smyzd wants to be him when he grows up.

froome has been the talk of the cycling world for years now. everyone was saying that when this guy hits the big 27 he'll be burying all the other faves.

wiggins is a longtime master TT'r who has greatly improved his climbing. he is also simultaneously a great climber who has improved his TT skills.

cancellera's form was poor in the TT despite his first week and no one else trained for this tour other than sky.

Great ride from Roland. f**k knows why Wiggins is Sky Team leader and not Froome. If Froome was free to fly he'd be winning by now. Evans loose a lot of time and has just lost the TDF. Wiggins really looked to be suffering today, but he managed to hang with Nibali all the way.

Also, what a ride from Anker Sorensen. He yo-yo'd off the back of the leading group all day long and suffered more than anyone probably.

Great ride from Roland. f**k knows why Wiggins is Sky Team leader and not Froome. If Froome was free to fly he'd be winning by now. Evans loose a lot of time and has just lost the TDF. Wiggins really looked to be suffering today, but he managed to hang with Nibali all the way.

Also, what a ride from Anker Sorensen. He yo-yo'd off the back of the leading group all day long and suffered more than anyone probably.

huh.gif really? The only time he looked in trouble was when his team-mate attacked!

See how you are calling Porte and Rodgers mountain goats etc for leaving the top climbers in their wake? Who have they left in their wake finishing 15 and 18 minutes back,....

after they finish their turn they soft pedal up, what time they come in at has nothing do with it.

the fact that they are even amongst the favourites on big climbs is odd and when they are setting a pace that is shedding team leaders it is unbelievable. even the eurosport commentators were expressing some 'suprise' about rogers today.

give me an example of either of the two of them showing similar form before this season? this is the equivalent of hincapie suddenly flying up mountains in 05.