Procycling thread

myshkin

Crash for Cavendish today with a couple of kilometres left, bit shaken but no major damage hopefully. Andre Greipel takes the stage win.

He didn`t look happy as he crossed the line, guess it was someone else`s fault as usual.

That's the first 4 stages I have bet on the winner!!! Whoever I tip tomorrow don't bother, I'm due one wrong.

Anyway, after what happened in stage 4, I'm going for Cavendish again. He'll be pissed off and probably blow everybody away.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

they need to get rid of radios on flat stages to give these breaks a better chance.

the only time you ever see a succesful break on a flat stage any more is when the entire peloton decides to take it easy and you get a prearranged 17 or 18 man break all from different teams and well down the GC.

The Sky lead out train was a bit of a shambles eh? They left Cavendish with just Boasson Hagen with just under 2k to go. Mistimed to hell. Or perhaps they weren't riding for Cav and simply protecting Wiggins.

one of their staff said after the race they were mainly protecting wiggins. being at the front is a good idea at the moment with all the crashes going on.

a german newspaper is reporting that leipheimer, hincapie, david zabriskie and van de velde are all looking at bans for admitting to doping. hopefully vaughters as well.

Good, all henchmen of Armstrong & Bruyneel at some point. The circle is closing in.

Just shows today how much Cav relied on his HTC train, plus other guys are starting to catch him up. Another stage win for Cav & I honestly think he might call it a day, not much point him sticking around to help Wiggins in the mountains!

USADA denied the story, unfortunately. The net is closing in though as you say.

That was probably the most boring stage of the Tour I have watched in years. At least David Duffield and Stephen Roche had good stories when the stages were a bit flat. Harmon and Kelly are crap at filling time. And Carlton Kirby does my head in for some reason.

Edited by Musketeer Gripweed

A few big losers today after that crash. Schleck, Scarponi, Rolland, Gesink, Brajkovic, now all over 2 minutes behind the other GC contenders.

radioshack obviously didn't fancy frank's chances very much. they only sent one man back for him for him :o kloden is their man now.

it's the first big day tomorrow and i fancy sami sanchez to get some time back, nibali might tag on as well. they're the two best climbers this year imo.

again i'll be keeping an eye on menchov. a better climber than wiggins and a better TT'r than evans at his peak if he's on form he's a contender.

here's a list of the injuries of those who abandoned yesterday. it makes painful reading :(

Maarten Wynants, Rabobank: Punctured lung and two broken ribs

Wout Poels, Vacansoleil-DCM: Ruptured spleen and kidney, three broken ribs

Thomas Danielson, Garmin-Sharp: Dislocated shoulder (twice in two consecutive stages)

Astarloza, Euskaltel - Euskadi: right elbow dislocated

Amets Txurruka, Euskaltel - Euskadi: Broken collarbone

Oscar Freire, Katusha: Broken rib, punctured lung

Davide Viganò, Lampre-ISD: Broken shoulder

Hubert Dupont, AG2R-La Mondiale: Broken wrist, broken vertebra, strained ankle

Imanol Erviti, Movistar: Deep wound in right leg (muscle damage, needs surgery)

Jose Ivan Gutierrez, Movistar: Damaged knee

it seems that on every stage we're seeing crashes because far too many teams are jostling for position. between the GCs guys trying to stay ahead of potential crashes and the sprint teams trying to get to the front it's been utter chaos. it's a sign of the times though, every DS is under pressure to make the sponsors happy and every team seems to be moving closer to a hardened HTC/sky/CSC style hard bitten professional attitude rather than the classic sportif louche style.

Sky annihilating everybody in the style of US Postal dry.gif

Froome takes the stage in similar style to the one he took against Cobo in the Vuelta last year. Evans, Wiggins, Nibali. Nobody else near them.

Wiggins in Yellow. Evans v Wiggins for the race.

Edited by Desert Nomad

Just looked oh so similar to the Armstrong US Postal train in years gone by, hmmm.

i've been calling them uk postal all year. i can't say i'm that suprised.

watching mick rogers who has been god awful for a good few years drop most of the favourites was a joke.

i've been calling them uk postal all year. i can't say i'm that suprised.

watching mick rogers who has been god awful for a good few years drop most of the favourites was a joke.

Ritchie Porte as well, has hardly set the heather on fire before.

what is hugely frustrating is that this is happening just as the armstrong bubble is burst. looking at twitter the amount of people who can see what is going on is dwarfed by the fanboys who loved it :(

all i can think of to console myself is that was far, far too obvious and they may end up getting their comeupance.