Procycling thread

myshkin

Can Cav finish in the points today, he's only 1 behind Rodriguez? That costly 2nd place on Thursday could be crucial. On a 30k ITT will be a big ask of him.

Hesjedal only 30 secs down on GC. JRod to blow both jerseys in Milan? Can only hope.

Edited by kiddy

Can Cav finish in the points today, he's only 1 behind Rodriguez? That costly 2nd place on Thursday could be crucial. On a 30k ITT will be a big ask of him.

Hesjedal only 30 secs down on GC. JRod to blow both jerseys in Milan? Can only hope.

Just watched the highlights of the weekends stages, J-Rod really needed to drop Hesjedal near the bottom of the Stelvio to gain enough time before the TT, he needed a performance much like Sastre on Alpe d`Huez when he attacked & put enough time into Evans to take the Tour.

Hesjedal a worthy winner from what I`ve seen though, as he didn`t just rely on the final time-trial.

• 2 weeks later...

it looks like wiggans has his eye on the biggest spoty prize ever and has went full djokovic.

paris - nice and romandie already won, looking good in the dauphine and smoking tony the pony in the TT.

he must have had cancer during the winter.

Edited by T_S_A_R

it looks like wiggans has his eye on the biggest spoty prize ever and has went full djokovic.

paris - nice and romandie already won, looking good in the dauphine and smoking tony the pony in the TT.

he must have had cancer during the winter.

I still think he has a bit to prove, winning Dauphine/Romandie/Paris-Nice is one thing, the Tour is another level entirely. He has yet to prove himself in the big mountains when it really matters. Evans won`t be too disappointed with his current form. Tomorrow`s stage over the Joux-Plane will perhaps give us a better indicator? One thing is for certain & that is that Wiggins will never have a better chance, the route suits his far superior TT ability.

Edit: New training philosophy wink.gif

Edited by Desert Nomad

I still think he has a bit to prove, winning Dauphine/Romandie/Paris-Nice is one thing, the Tour is another level entirely. He has yet to prove himself in the big mountains when it really matters. Evans won`t be too disappointed with his current form. Tomorrow`s stage over the Joux-Plane will perhaps give us a better indicator? One thing is for certain & that is that Wiggins will never have a better chance, the route suits his far superior TT ability.

Edit: New training philosophy wink.gif

With 41 & 53K ITT's in this years tour, Thursday's 53K ITT in the Dauphine gave a heavy indicator to Evans. That if he doesn't peak at the right time, he could ship the best part of 3 mins to Wiggins. It would be a hell of a lot to recover in the mountains & the last two stages of this weeks race will be interesting to see how he attempts to overhaul Brad's lead.

he is as thin as he ever has been and he's blowing the world time trial champion away.

dodgy.

Recorded weight is 69 Kg's (10st 12.11lbs)

I'm sure they said Hesjedal was something similar during the Giro, & both are about 6'2".

My brief annual cycling infatuation is drawing nearer!!!

I understand Wiggins is in shit hot form as Ladbrokes have him as the 15/8 favourite to win the tour. Not one to claim conspiracies, but something dodgy there surely?

What I'm looking for is some good shouts for top 10 finishes based on this seasons form. Any tips would be appreciatedwink.gif.

I'm already going with a beat on Rein Taaramae for a top 10. Possibly with John Gadret or Tommy Danielson.

My brief annual cycling infatuation is drawing nearer!!!

I understand Wiggins is in shit hot form as Ladbrokes have him as the 15/8 favourite to win the tour. Not one to claim conspiracies, but something dodgy there surely?

What I'm looking for is some good shouts for top 10 finishes based on this seasons form. Any tips would be appreciatedwink.gif.

I'm already going with a beat on Rein Taaramae for a top 10. Possibly with John Gadret or Tommy Danielson.

I`d definitely wait until the starting line-ups have been announced for the Tour until taking a gamble. Behind Evans & Wiggins it could be pretty open.

Sky owned the Joux-Plane today, but Evans still looks decent, could be riding himself into form for the Tour. He`s decent enough against the watch & would usually be regarded better in the mountains than Wiggins, can`t see beyond these two though.

I just saw on Sky Sports News that Andy Schleck is out of the TDF due to injury. Things looking better for Wiggins with one of the favourites is out, the bookies have it as a straight shoot out between Wiggins and Evans. Not sure it'll be so straight forward.

riders attempting to win by boring us to death

evans, wiggins, levi, menchov

riders who hopefully won't be too depressed by the shitty route to attack

sanchez, nibali, frank schleck, van den broucke, gesink, valverde, rolland, cobo, kloden, van den dert

katusha have looked strong this season so i think menchov might suprise a few people.

riders attempting to win by boring us to death

evans, wiggins, levi, menchov

riders who hopefully won't be too depressed by the shitty route to attack

sanchez, nibali, frank schleck, van den broucke, gesink, valverde, rolland, cobo, kloden, van den dert

katusha have looked strong this season so i think menchov might suprise a few people.

i think youre being a little harsh on evans there;he was accused of being a wheelsucker in 2007 but since then ive seen plenty of attacking,guts and penache.youre spot on about the other 3 though.this could be the dullest tdf ever

i think youre being a little harsh on evans there;he was accused of being a wheelsucker in 2007 but since then ive seen plenty of attacking,guts and penache.youre spot on about the other 3 though.this could be the dullest tdf ever

I found Evans to be extremely boring last year. It seemed like he barely made a move all race, he was content to just stick on Schlecks wheel and then take time out of him in the TT.

If your skills are not in attacking in the mountains, there's no point in trying to win the tour that way. Personally, I find as much interest in seeing riders haul breaks back, or big names getting dropped off the back, than I do in attacks as such. Obviously it would be boring if all the big names were in a group the whole way through the mountains, but that won't happen because the guys who aren't as good in the time trials will need to try something.

On a different topic, how has Pierre Rolland getting on this year? He was the guy that did such amazing work to protect Voeckler's yellow jersey, and ended up in the top 10 in GC.

On a different topic, how has Pierre Rolland getting on this year? He was the guy that did such amazing work to protect Voeckler's yellow jersey, and ended up in the top 10 in GC.

I was just on my way on here to post about Tommy Voeckler. I assume he will; be selected this year. He was an absolute fucking hero last year.

he won the tour without attacking once last year!

just had a read of the letter sent out to lance, bruynell and the dodgy docs. they look like they're up shit creek.

:D

You got a link at all? I`m far too lazy to go & look it up myself tongue.gif

Edit: didn`t take long

http://online.wsj.co...harging0613.pdf

Double edit: they`re fucked smile.gif

Edited by Desert Nomad