Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Arcade Fire last night, quite simply the greatest thing I've ever been to. We'll never get the chance to see them playing at places like the Barrowlands now, they'll be playing at the SECC and places like that.

They started with Keep the Car Running and No Cars Go and the crowd, bar a few rowdy students, seemed reluctant to dance about. The showstopper was at the end, when they played Power Out and merged it into Rebellion.

Even better was Wake Up at the encore - his microphone stand malfunctioned, so he threw down his guitar and jumped into the crowd. I touched his hand, and he personally gave me a wave. I'm best mates with Reed Parry too now :D

All we could say after that was "fucking hell". It was soo good.

Arcade Fire last night, quite simply the greatest thing I've ever been to. We'll never get the chance to see them playing at places like the Barrowlands now, they'll be playing at the SECC and places like that.

They started with Keep the Car Running and No Cars Go and the crowd, bar a few rowdy students, seemed reluctant to dance about. The showstopper was at the end, when they played Power Out and merged it into Rebellion.

Even better was Wake Up at the encore - his microphone stand malfunctioned, so he threw down his guitar and jumped into the crowd. I touched his hand, and he personally gave me a wave. I'm best mates with Reed Parry too now :D

All we could say after that was "fucking hell". It was soo good.

I am so chuffed for you. Sincerely. But now absolutely raging with myself that I didnt try harder to go see them. I had an inkling it would be an amazing gig. It was sold out before I even knew the gig was happening and then I failed miserably to buy tickets off Ebay. It'll be great to see them at T but it wont be the same. :(

My feelings can be summed up by the following scene from the Simpsons:

Marge: When you don't take advantage of an opportunity, you can end up regretting it for the rest of your life.

Homer: You're right, Marge. Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day I kept saying, "I'll go a little later. I'll go a little later." And then when I got there, they told me he'd just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he would ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again! I'm going into space right now!"

Next gig will be Young Knives two weeks today. Just not the same though. :(

Edited by supermac

I was at AF on Monday as well. Was quite a surreal moment to see Win Butler stumble past during the final song! Really good gig though they didn't play my favourite song (Laika) :bairn and it has to be said that some of the new stuff is a bit weak.

Next up I've got BRMC, then Cat Power and CSS at Triptych.

Cat Power AND CSS?

Jaaaaysus!

Power out/rebellion performed live is just high after high. I nearly blew a blood vessel when I saw them play those 2 songs. I do agree though. Neon bible isn't nearly as good as Funeral, but still mightily impressive and will ultimately be one of the albums of the year!

Aqualung on the 9th of April is my next gig.

Guest Follow Follow
Does anyone actually like them, or are they being pushed because she's a fat ugly dyke?

I think thats the reason also

I was at AF on Monday as well. Was quite a surreal moment to see Win Butler stumble past during the final song! Really good gig though they didn't play my favourite song (Laika) :bairn and it has to be said that some of the new stuff is a bit weak.

Next up I've got BRMC, then Cat Power and CSS at Triptych.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club?? luck b*****d! It would be worth the admission fee alone just to hear Spread Your Love"

Guest Caleyking
07316_95404_gossipsxsw2007_1L160307.jpg

Wasn't sure where to post this but I thought that it should be brought to the attention of the masses.

Oh yes.

NME story.

Is that photoshopped to make her look more grotesque?

I thought she was big but no that big!! :blink::barf

Next one I'm going to is a festival in London, which Aerosmith are the only name confirmed so far.

The Answer added to the Sunday, downloaded some stuff from their website and they're fucking gash.

Luckily only going on the Sunday, so missing Peter Gabriel and Crowded House :D