Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Possibly Tiny Dancers, Complete Stone Roses and Malcolm Middleton in the space of the next 6 days. Although am not sure if I can be arsed with the Tiny Dancers as it's a school night, and I probably won't make it back from the Scotland game on Saturday for the Stone Roses, I'm not missing Malcolm Middleton though, oh no.

Going to see Mr Middleton at Newcastle on Friday. Can't wait. New album is best yet.

Just because one band in Dundee are making it doesn't mean that another can't. People with you with opinions like this is what every band out of Dundee is going put up with.

Oh, just got Arctic Monkeys tickets for the Caird Hall for the 17th of April...superb :D.

Huzza same also, should be a good gig! You going to the View gig at Caird Hall?

Yeah theyve booked venues far too big for them! Mostly Carling Academys, i mean Brixton FFS!

You got the new album? What you think of it?

Mate of mine gave me it a few weeks ago, so I've had a fair old listen to it now. Not as good as Capture/Release, lot more chilled out but I really like it. Few of the songs on it are going to sound great live I reckon. World Was A Mess got a run out last february at the QMU and it was brilliant, looking forward to hearing We Danced Together and Suspicious Eyes live aswell.

Yeah the whole tour is massively under-selling, or so I've heard. They've sold under half the tickets for Southampton Guildhall, which is a bit embarassing really, never mind though!

Edited by Hughsie

Haven't seen this topic before but this year so far I've been to see Scott Mathews, Ray LaMontagne, Calvin Harris, The KBC and the Fratellis. Saw the Klaxons, Sunshine Underground and CSS at NME gig.

Got tickets to see Sunshine Underground at the QMU cos they are fecking brilliant and got tickets for Willy Mason but not to sure if i want to go to that one yet!

Just because one band in Dundee are making it doesn't mean that another can't. People with you with opinions like this is what every band out of Dundee is going put up with.

Oh, just got Arctic Monkeys tickets for the Caird Hall for the 17th of April...superb :D .

I wasn't saying that another can't, it's just that all these crap bands that would have never gotten past playing their local pub if it wasn't for the View's success, are now being talked up as something special.

Going to see Mr Middleton at Newcastle on Friday. Can't wait. New album is best yet.

I've managed to leave myself without a ticket for the Glasgow gig on Saturday, thanks to much fannying around. I'll try to pick one up on the door.

I agree that it's his best yet btw. I don't understand why this album isn't flying off the shelves. It is, to all intents and purposes, brilliantly written pop music, and is the best produced album I've heard in donkeys to boot.

Maybe he should get a Paulo Nutini lookalike to pose for his album covers and lip-synch at the gigs?

I wasn't saying that another can't, it's just that all these crap bands that would have never gotten past playing their local pub if it wasn't for the View's success, are now being talked up as something special.

The wee guy getting jizzed on in your sig looks like the lad out of Klaxons.

theklaxons_f300.jpg

Huzza same also, should be a good gig! You going to the View gig at Caird Hall?

Nope, had the chance to see the view in a secret gig at the doghouse on Saturday but didn't go either as the drinks are more expensive in the doghouse than other pubs I go to.

Any idea what time the Arctic Monkeys gig starts and finishes at?

I'm hoping to make a day/night of it, get pished before the gig and go to Fat Sams after it.

I've managed to leave myself without a ticket for the Glasgow gig on Saturday, thanks to much fannying around. I'll try to pick one up on the door.

[smug]

I got a ticket for this in December

[/smug]

B)