Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I saw Muse at Wembley last night.

They were awesome. Wembley errr.....wasn't.

Don't get me wrong, fantastic stadium, but the security and sense of corporate rip off stank. They sure know how to make you feel like a number. £7 for a burger, £.50 for a wee bottle of Carlsberg.

Never again. Seriously.

That was indeed a belter of a gig. I was well impressed with the stadium too, and obviously was lucky enough to avoid the worst of the rip offs. All the bars I went to in the main concourse were selling pints at £3.50 a pop. Bloody expensive, but only 50p more than I was paying in central London all weekend.

The only thing that pissed me off a bit was the size of the "golden circle" thingy at the front.

Going to see Idiotcut @ Barfly

A couple of my mates are in the band so should be a laugh.

They're a pretty good band, their song I Won't Tell Anybody could be a Top Ten single if it was to be released.

My band's playing with them on August the 4th at Pennies in Falkirk and again at The Barfly on the 22nd of September.

I expect you to be there!

Devo tomorrow night at the Carling Academy.

Currently having my chemical-protection suit and 'energy dome' headgear freshly laundered for it.

Funny you should say that, I'm currently dusting off my black plastic pomp wig and taking my Chinese/American frienship suit of the hanger. Should be gig of the year. I'll keep an ear out for anyone shouting "36 nil" in between songs.

Funny you should say that, I'm currently dusting off my black plastic pomp wig and taking my Chinese/American frienship suit of the hanger. Should be gig of the year. I'll keep an ear out for anyone shouting "36 nil" in between songs.

Thank God for that, how embarassing it would be if we both turned up in the same outfit.

If you keep an ear out during the quiet bass line intro to Mongoloid I'll try and shout '36 nil' then. I may even chuck in a 'Smokies & Wine' for good measure but I'm not promising anything.

Guest Ayr United FC

I am going to see the Get Happy tour at the Carling Academy on October 17th.

The acts are Bowling For Soup, Bloodhound Gang, Zebrahead and Army of Freshmen.

Picked up my ticket for The Orb at the Ironworks tonight. It's on a Friday night this one so a stumble out of the Phoenix afterwards too. Dancer.

Actually, doors are open late so it must be a late licence that night. Trippy.

Edited by FilthyMack

Next gig is Aerosmith, and looking at the backups (3 stages) in Hyde Park, it'll be McQueen, Black Stone Cherry and Augustana, if they're on at different times.

As good as Audioslave were, Chris Cornell's solo stuff has been shit!

Aerosmith were amazing, but it was pissing down so it turned to a mud bath :lol:

Saw McQueen (so hot :Dhttp://www.myspace.com/mcqueen ) and BSC in the Pepsi tent, both were great, although the twats moshing to BSC pissed me off <_<

Saw Jet, The Answer and Chris Cornell on the main stage before Aerosmith, Cornell was shit until he started doing Audioslave stuff.

The Answer are the pishest thing I've ever seen live, and I've seen Daphne and Celeste.