Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Just in from We Were Promised Jetpacks at the QMU. They were utterly brilliant!

Crowd was bouncing and singing along, their new tracks sounded great too, particularly the one after It's Thunder & It's Lightning.

Highlights were Roll Up Your Sleeves and Quiet Little Voices.

A bit gutted they didn't play Conductor though.

Just got hame from it. To say I went a bit mental in the pit when they played Just In Lust is an understatement.

Ginge kens the score.

Was a superb gig.Relly enjoyed Baby Chaos as well.

First time i'd ever heard SIN(In Sin) and If Life is Like a Lovebank.. live in over 17 years of seeing The Wildhearts.

Great to hear some Silver Ginger 5 stuff again as well.

Monster i heard a rumour about you and Ginger last night. :P

Saw them at Donington in 2009. Old Dave as sleazy as ever. Still though what a voice.

What a voice indeed. Any chance of him bringing along that bird that's in Still of the Night and Here I Go Again videos. I know they're broke up but c'mon Dave, just for glasgow!

Edited by The Hero of the Day

This all seems very familiar..am i having the exact same conversation with you on the wildhearts message board?

Hiya DangerousBeans hiya pal!!!:lol:

Aye it would appear so. I thought it was you when I noticed you were from Ayr. Were you down the front? I was up on the balcony with the lads from my band watching Baby Chaos but went just behind the barrier before Ginge came on. Was right beside that pished lassie who got a mention in the review.

Edited by Derek Patterson

Aye it would appear so. I thought it was you when I noticed you were from Ayr. Were you down the front? I was up on the balcony with the lads from my band watching Baby Chaos but went just behind the barrier before Ginge came on. Was right beside that pished lassie who got a mention in the review.

I had seen your avatar before on here, and if I'd thought about it I'd have offered to buy you a pint had I known you were going. Myself and David Kennedy's Hand are known as the 'little and large of the cruising scene', and we'd have been delighted to duet on Just In Lust for you as we forcibly rimmed you in the Garage bogs.

Seriously though, what a fucking gig. Magnificent. Also, as DKH delightfully set me up for a few posts back, I got to shake the hand of the Geordie genius himself just before Baby Chaos came on. Marvellous!

One Ginger gig and all seemed well with the world. Heh. :D

:D

Nah i stayed pretty close to the back.When The Wildhearts played the Carling a few years ago i was close to the front and jumped about a fair bit.

I was total human wreckage for days after it.

First time i saw them at The Garage was in 93 me and 2 of the guys that were with us the other night started off the gig standing on the barrier at the front and got rugby tackled back into the crowd by stewards along the side.Auld Besturts vs The Wildhearts these days :lol:

You may have seen us.Well may have seen Monster in his bright Green Hoodie

Edited by davidkennedyshand

Hoi, fucker, I love my bright green hoodie. Two weeks ago some short bald currant bun was foaming at the mouth on the train because of it. What's a 'fat feenyin bassa' anyway? I wouldn't know. :angel

Loved that gig review as well. If I hadn't been under orders to get home or else I'd have been into that Nice 'N' Sleazy like a rat up a drainpipe. :2cool

Edited by Monster