Gigs

pilsner_ffc

went to a gig last night which consisted of evan parker and some guitarist which i forget the name of improvising for about 90 minutes. the guitarist frist, then it was evan parker and he just blow my mind. Nearly 20 minutes of soprano sax without stopping to take a breath.:o

Then they played together which was good. It was worth it to see parker doing that circular breathing but i did find myself thing of differnet thing near the end and really the guitarist had no real talent apart from guts. Still is was good.

Reel Big Fish at the ABC in Glasgow on the 20th February - buzzing to see them again! Saw them last year at the Academy and they were absofuckingphenomenal! Probably the best live band I've seen to date.

+1, saw Less Than Jake(the other Ska band that most people know) in November so will be happy to compare. Can't wait for Reel Big Fish, might need to get their back catalogue out and bust them out.

i'll be there, absolutely buzzing for it :)

Also have Frank Turner on the 16th, rescheduled from start of Dec so looking forward to it, the guy is a legend

Yeah it's actually the 20th, I wrote that when I thought it was the 21st, there was a lot of confusion because the ABC were saying it was the Sunday the 21st and I saw two facebook events(made by the ABC and RBF groups).

It's two weeks today.

Going to see Big Country in April. I always said I'd never go see them sans Adamson,.but Mike Peters is an able deputy. I've been to Alarm concerts where he done In a Big Country really well, so it should be passable. And it'll be great to hear the songs live again. Last time I saw them was in 1999.

What a gig that was laugh.gif

The Vaccines started things off well with Wreckin' Bar and some other choices from their upcoming debut album whilst Everything Everything kept the momentum flowing with a solid set, the highlight being recent single Photoshop Handsome.

It was Magnetic Man, however, that really kicked things off. A lot of people around me were unsure whether they would live up to expectation but they smashed it. With the help of an mc to whip the crowd into a frenzy, Benga, Skream and Artwork delivered a 50 minute set packed with hits from their debut album such as The Bug, Fire and the two singles I Need Air and Perfect Stranger which had the whole crowd shouting along.

Crystal Castles were delayed by 15 minutes and it looked doubtful when a man came out and read a pre prepared statement from the band stating that Alice Glass had broken (I think) her ankle and was ordered to cancel the tour. However, she had apparently told the doctor to 'f**k himself' and came out onstage on crutches and proceeded to spend the next hour jumping around the stage whilst the crowd followed suit, creating a brilliant atmosphere. Whilst they might not be the best sounding band live, Crystal Castles know how to put on a frenetic show.

Magnetic Man and Crystal Castles should tour together more often!

My son was at the gig and highlight of the show for him was Crystal Castles.

+1, saw Less Than Jake(the other Ska band that most people know) in November so will be happy to compare. Can't wait for Reel Big Fish, might need to get their back catalogue out and bust them out.

Nothing will top Less Than Jake live. Nothing!

i'll be there, absolutely buzzing for it :)

Also have Frank Turner on the 16th, rescheduled from start of Dec so looking forward to it, the guy is a legend

Enjoy. It was good of him to reschedule the dates he couldn't get to.

Next gig for me is a band called Random Hand at the 13th Note on Wednesday. Cannae wait! :D

Nothing will top Less Than Jake live. Nothing!

I dunno, the crowd let them down (at the Picture House gig). If RBF can bring that same intensity but to the crowd at the ABC it could top it.

As a side note, Suicidal Tendencies at Download this past summer was better than LTJ, 3rd "stage" in a tent while it was pishing a rain and at the same time as Stone Sour and Aerosmith, which meant the crowd wanted to see them and they had the same intensity that LTJ had. Quality.

Mate, you will love them, they're such good showmen and know how to please a crowd. You'll like the bit where they change genres constantly for about 10 minutes, that's brilliant!

Don't know who the support is this year but it was Big D & The Kids' Table last year, they were really good as well. There was another fairly big ska act on before them as well, but I missed them due to drinking excessively in the Crystal Palace before the gig.

Reel Big Fish at the ABC in Glasgow on the 20th February - buzzing to see them again! Saw them last year at the Academy and they were absofuckingphenomenal! Probably the best live band I've seen to date.

I'm seeing them play The Ironworks on the 21st. Can't wait, it's going to be amazing.

Mate, you will love them, they're such good showmen and know how to please a crowd. You'll like the bit where they change genres constantly for about 10 minutes, that's brilliant!

Don't know who the support is this year but it was Big D & The Kids' Table last year, they were really good as well. There was another fairly big ska act on before them as well, but I missed them due to drinking excessively in the Crystal Palace before the gig.

Their website is saying the support is Suburban legends, New Riot and the Skints.

I'm going to My Chemical Romance next week and it's just occurred to me and my girlfriend that at 23 and 20, we are likely to be at the top end of the age range. What's the average age likely to be? With MCR being a bit older than most emo bands, surely it's not just going to be a mass collection of under 16's? If so, that's majorly off putting.

I'm going to My Chemical Romance next week and it's just occurred to me and my girlfriend that at 23 and 20, we are likely to be at the top end of the age range. What's the average age likely to be? With MCR being a bit older than most emo bands, surely it's not just going to be a mass collection of under 16's? If so, that's majorly off putting.

You'll maybe get the odd over 18, but yes, most of the crowd will be small teenage fan girls with dyed black hair to show how dark and depressed they are, and long sleeved t-shirts to hide their scars. There will be small boys with long hair swishing away and with studded belts, skinny jeans, and Converse with a band t-shirt of some sort, probably in black.

I miss those days. :(

You'll maybe get the odd over 18, but yes, most of the crowd will be small teenage fan girls with dyed black hair to show how dark and depressed they are, and long sleeved t-shirts to hide their scars. There will be small boys with long hair swishing away and with studded belts, skinny jeans, and Converse with a band t-shirt of some sort, probably in black.

I miss those days. :(

I wish the bands I like had that sort of crowd would be so easy to push them out of the way to get to the front.

MCR next Tuesday supported by The Blackout.

I am 28, so how do you think I feel going to gigs like that? :o:ph34r:

Edited by IainMorton