Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I saw someone there last night that I am certain I saw in the fives photos this year. So, if you were at the fives AND at the Bluetones gig last night wearing a blue and white check shirt, thank you for taking the time to go around me, rather than straight into me on your way to and from the bar.

Hope its not bad form to pimp my own gig in here?

To promote the release of our (free) new acoustic EP "Amongst the Northern Lochs" my band Supermarionation will be playing at the Wee Red Bar in Edinburgh on 1st October, doors at 7pm. We will be playing an acoustic set (a first for us) and a fully electrified noisy set as per usual...

A track from the EP can be heard here:

Our more usual sound can be heard here:

http://www.supermarionation.co.uk/on-the-fly (scroll down to play it)

Playing alongside us will be the fabulous Andrew Mill (

) and the extra specially great Lee Patterson ( http://lpmusic.org.uk/home.html ).

Tickets are free and its a saturday night so whats not to love?

Hoping to take in Warrior Soul at Bannermans on Sept 24th then Sick Of It All at Newcastle on Oct 9th, Stevie Jackson (B&S) at Newcastle on Nov 3rd and Frank Turner at Barras on Nov 25th.

Are Warrior Soul still on the go?

God, I saw them at the Garage about 15 years ago. Supported by Clawfinger and Bush. The lead singer went AWOL on Sauchiehall Street and a fair chunk of the audience had given up waiting when he eventually staggered onto stage.

This brings back memories

Are Warrior Soul still on the go?

God, I saw them at the Garage about 15 years ago. Supported by Clawfinger and Bush. The lead singer went AWOL on Sauchiehall Street and a fair chunk of the audience had given up waiting when he eventually staggered onto stage.

This brings back memories

Aye I was at that gig it was the Kerrang! tour. My recollection is Clawfinger took about an hour to come on due to their set being broadcast on Friday Rock Show - Warrior Soul came on straight after them but because everyone had been waiting so long most left - I remember being right royaklly pissed off as Clawfinger took so long and WS played a shorter set. I spoke to Kory Clarke (WS singer) that night in Sleazy's he seemed a top bloke.

They have reformed but only original member is Kory Clarke - his voice is shot now - but a great band in their day ahead of their time.

• 2 weeks later...

Got dragged along to see Adele with the other half on sunday night as I'd got her tickets for her birthday, and I'm not ashamed to admit, she was amazing. Never before, have I seen someone who can sing better live than recorded. Seriously impressive talent, and at 22 years old (i think), I'd imagine she'll be around for a while yet

Going to see Kissy Sell Out in dumfries on friday night

Got the Arctic monkeys, Chili's, Kasabian and Coldplay all at the SECC in the next couple of months.

And when did tickets start getting so expensive?

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

Hard-Fi at the ABC tonight - absolutely epic. Say what you want about their music but they sure know how to put on a show! :D

Yeah was a fantastic gig - setlist was brilliant, with so many songs from the first album, and they really nailed the cover of I Fought The Law! Just a shame it wasn't the biggest or most energetic crowd, with the exception of a group of guys at the front, and we eventually took it upon ourselves to start the mosh pit for Living For The Weekend :) I've been listening to them pretty much constantly since the gig...all good!

Planned to see The Horrors at Liquid Rooms on the 19th but they've sold out so I'm trying everywhere to get two tickets without being ripped off. Seatwave looked promising with two tickets going at 18 pounds each but the sub charges are ridiculous.

Manchester Orchestra on Monday :)

Gutted I can't afford Seasick Steve next week. Gone are the days when you could go to gigs and spend under £20

Theres a pretty decent Australian band called Cloud Control playing Oran Mor pretty soon and I think the tickets are like £7.

Saw them at King Tuts a while back after winning a guestlist spot at a pub quiz, they were good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLWd0smkJPA

edit - sorry ignore me, it was actually tonight! ph34r.gif Guess I won't be going then.

Edited by Mushroom