Gigs

pilsner_ffc

The Blanks.

Probably the funniest gig I'll ever go to. It had everything. Comedy, music, drinking... and underpants.

Edit- FAO AsdaLoyal: It says 18+ on my ticket :unsure:

Edited by Smurph

The Blanks.

Probably the funniest gig I'll ever go to. It had everything. Comedy, music, drinking... and underpants.

Edit- FAO AsdaLoyal: It says 18+ on my ticket :unsure:

Sorry should have added , it was the tickets from seetickets.com

Sorry should have added , it was the tickets from seetickets.com

Correct mine didn't say it either.

We got taken aback when the Aussie guy asked us our age, he didn't ID us though but we're 26 and 28, pretty ridiculous!

I will be reporting the Apollo 23 when I get into work next week. It most certainly breached Health and Safety regulations in regards to temperature and I'm surprised no-one passed out through the heat in that place!

I'm surprised that there wasn't violence (well the geeky audience made it a bit unlikely) but it was pathetic opening the doors at half 7, then them not coming out until 9 o'clock despite the place being full, it being hotter than the warm side of Mercury (worse than the Corn Exchange!) and there being no support act to pass the time.

They also played for less than 70 minutes, a bit of a joke... most of the crowd was giggling like schoolgirls despite them just going through their album, plus their three singles! <_<

Edited by SaltyTON

I see Gomez are doing a few gigs in the UK.

June 9, 2011 • Bournemouth, UK • O2 Academy

June 10, 2011 • Bristol, UK • O2 Academy

June 11, 2011 • Leeds, UK • The Cockpit

June 12, 2011 • Dumfries, Scotland • Eden Festival

June 14, 2011 • Manchester, UK • Academy 2

June 15, 2011 • Cambridge, UK • The Junction

June 16, 2011 • Newcastle, UK • O2 Academy

June 18, 2011 • Belfast, UK • Spring & Airbrake

June 19, 2011 • Dublin, Ireland • Olympia Theatre

June 20, 2011 • Birmingham, UK • Library @ HMV Institute

June 21, 2011 • London, UK • The Roundhouse

Also they have a new album out. Whatever's On Your Mind.

Don't know if you know this, but they are now playing the HMV Picture House on August 23rd (as part of the Edge festival). Tickets are £17, but aren't available online from Tickets Scotland so you'd need to order them over the phone.

Mac Miller in the O2 ABC2 in September. Can't fucking wait! Just need to find money for the tickets..

You're struggling to scrape together £12 in over two months? :blink:

Rise Against in November :D . Never been to the Academy, if you've bought tickets for 'upper' standing, is it relativley easy to get down to the front?

No. They won't let you downstairs without a downstairs ticket.

Mac Miller in the O2 ABC2 in September. Can't fucking wait! Just need to find money for the tickets..

I never knew he was playing in Scotland. I will be getting tickets for that if I can convince somebody to go with me.

EDIT: Thats me just purchased my ticket for it. Should be good.

Edited by Luther

No. They won't let you downstairs without a downstairs ticket.

Feck. I actually bought the tickets from gigsandtours.com who didn't specify which area of standing the tickets are for but I had previously tried Ticketmaster who said there were no downstairs tickets left, so I'm assuming my tickets are for upstairs. Do you think there's any chance the tickets I bought are for downstairs?

Dropkick Murphys are playing the Barras on the 11th of February. Tickets go on sale on Saturday biggrin.gif Love the Murphys, never been to the Barras for a gig either and have heard it's insane. Can't fucking wait

Got my tickets already https://www.artistticket.com/event.asp?e|artist=DROPKICK+MURPHYS&re|promoter=359&RE|promoter|2=1200&n|showname=coming&resultsperpage=20&filler1=artistticket&filler2=main&orderby=date,time heard that there might also be a date in Edinburgh as well 8)

Feck. I actually bought the tickets from gigsandtours.com who didn't specify which area of standing the tickets are for but I had previously tried Ticketmaster who said there were no downstairs tickets left, so I'm assuming my tickets are for upstairs. Do you think there's any chance the tickets I bought are for downstairs?

The Academy only has one standing bit, with a standing ticket you'll get right down to the stage, not really sure why they list some as upper standing. They just scan your ticket and you get through to the bar bit, there is a bit there for standing but no one stops you going right down to the stage. The only time you would get directed up stairs is if you have a seating or balcony ticket.

As for gigs coming up for me -

Got New Found Glory next month, then The Wonder Years at King Tuts, really excited for both of them.

36 Crazyfists in Dundee in October, seen them a couple of times before, always put on a good show.

A Day to Remember have just let slip they have a UK tour in November away to be announced as well so will be getting tickets for that as well as soon as they are out.

Edited by SuperTommy

I'd fair like to see Rammstein, but I wouldn't travel down to England to see them. Going by their live videos on YouTube and their DVD Volkerball, they're a cracking live act.