Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Went to see CHVRCHES last week at the Barrowlands. I think the album is brilliant but they were, as I thought they might be, a bit boring live. Think they just played most of the album plus one new song and couldn't have played for much more than 40 minutes. Decent enough show though.

Seen Haim a few days later, also in the Barrowlands and they were fucking brilliant. Such a fun band and so much better live than they are on the record.

Got tickets for Manchester Orchestra at SWG3 next month which I can't wait for. Seen them three times already and they get better every time. Going to look into getting Jamie Lenman tickets too. Think I read somewhere it's going to be more an acousticy/jazzy set which suits me as I'm not a massive fan of his new heavier stuff. Think I might just be getting old!

Going to see Eels in Zurich in July, and Damien Rice in Winterthur in August. Looking forward to both.

Also bought tickets for the local festival: http://www.heitere.ch/1/programm

Line up isn't great, but it's cheap as chips and I can go for a pint in my local when it finishes. Will probably get tickets for the Zurich open air as well, but waiting for the full line up so I can decide on whether to get day tickets or just go for the weekend.

Saw Mogwai at the Usher Hall last weekend and Remurdered has to be the best thing I've ever heard live. Different class.

Off to see Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit at Oran Mor in May, should be good.

Was at Editors in the Roundhouse in London. Crowd were so boring. All trying to look nice instead of getting covered in beer and sweat. I walked straight down to the front without having to move anyone out of the way.

Editors were good though.

Was at Editors in the Roundhouse in London. Crowd were so boring. All trying to look nice instead of getting covered in beer and sweat. I walked straight down to the front without having to move anyone out of the way.

Editors are superb live. I mind going to Roundhouse too and crowd was poor.

Sounds a bit like Switzerland.

Went to see Sterophonics in Zurich last year, and the crowd were almost silent apart from the occasional polite applause after each song. When they started playing "Local Boy in the Photograph" I went mental, as did 2 guys waving a Welsh flag. The rest of the audience just sort of backed away from us. Was the same when I went to see Babyshambles in December. Me and my mate got absolutely hammered and gave it laldy, while most of the locals just stood about and smiled at the stage, trying not to get their trainers dirty. Some of the venues over here are fantastic, but completely wasted on the audience.

Earl Sweatshirt tonight at the Garage. Expecting the crowd to be 90% absolute hipster c***s so feeling a tad sceptical

Was there, the exact opposite i thought, full of semi-spice boy neddy types who were needlesly aggressive and just being general wanks.

Was funny gig tho and Earl was good.

Was surprised by the crowd. As you said was spice boy central.

Gig was much better than I expected. You can't deny the guys talent. I found his dj's warmup set really cringe, plus watching 600 white people shout "nigga" is hilariously tragic.

Got tickets for Manchester Orchestra at SWG3 next month which I can't wait for. Seen them three times already and they get better every time. Going to look into getting Jamie Lenman tickets too. Think I read somewhere it's going to be more an acousticy/jazzy set which suits me as I'm not a massive fan of his new heavier stuff. Think I might just be getting old!

Gutted I was too late getting Manchester Orchestra tickets this time. They were excellent at the ABC last year (or year before was it). SWG3 is a much smaller venue.

I was massively into Reuben, quite disappointed with Lenmans solo stuff.