Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I'm probably going to go to see Herculean, but I might hang around if The Hoosiers are actually decent. Worried About Ray is a tune. If you saw them at the Academy, I'm surprised they're playing the ABC2 now. Shows you what happens, I guess.

Their first 2 albums were decent, I saw them just after the first one was released. They have done nothing of note for ages though.

Goodbye Mr A and Worried About Ray are both great tunes.

A tip for anyone going to the Hydro in the future. When booking your seats, if you are going to the cheap seats at the back, do not get seats in the front row, Row W. There is a big bit of perspex between you and the stage. Luckily tonight there was a big gap up nearer the back, so we just moved.

Ultravox didn't have there sound levels right at all, there was far too much bass. I was there mainly to see them as well, so a bit gutted to be honest.

Simple Minds put on a great show, but I don't really like them. They played a lot of their early stuff that I had forgot about like I Travel and The American. That stuff was good back in the day and sounded great tonight.

Have to say though, when they played Don't You Forget About Me and Alive and Kicking, the atmosphere was as good as nearly any gig I have ever been to. The crowd were going mental. I nearly tapped my feet.

DID YOU ASK HIM TO GET THE PHUCK AWAY AND GET A RIDE TOUR ON THE GO

I LONG FOR THE DAYS OF HEARING DREAMS BURN DOWN AND LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND REALLY LOUD AGAIN

Nah, i was just buzzing for Beady Eye haha

I'm coinsidering going to Leicester for Kasabian in June!

Got tickets for The View at the Grand Hall in Killie on December 20th. Saw them in there before and they were brilliant, they've been consistently brilliant over the past few times I've seen them.

Managed to get tickets for Maximo Park in Newcastle for March next year, cannot wait as I've never been to Newcastle and been told it's good for a night oot. Might see if I can get tickets for Newcastle v Crystal Palace the next day too, that'd be a decent weekend.

Got tickets for The View at the Grand Hall in Killie on December 20th. Saw them in there before and they were brilliant, they've been consistently brilliant over the past few times I've seen them.

Managed to get tickets for Maximo Park in Newcastle for March next year, cannot wait as I've never been to Newcastle and been told it's good for a night oot. Might see if I can get tickets for Newcastle v Crystal Palace the next day too, that'd be a decent weekend.

Seen them tons tof times, including at QMU in Glasgow before they released first album. Vastly underrated IMO.

Got OCS at Barras tonight, then The Waterboys on Tuesday at the same venue.

One of the View blokes is doing a DJ set in Bakers after the gig. He is on after Bombskare. £10 a ticket.

They were excellent in the Grand Hall a couple of years back but I`m opting for Bombskare.

One of the View blokes is doing a DJ set in Bakers after the gig. He is on after Bombskare. £10 a ticket.

They were excellent in the Grand Hall a couple of years back but I`m opting for Bombskare.

Yeah, I saw that, think I'll do that. Better not get too pished at it since I'm working the stiles at the fitba the next day and I think it's frowned upon to stop to whitey.

I was in Bakers for John Power last night, he was brilliant. Saw him there in July and him and his guitarist Jay knew how to put on a show with two acoustic guitars. Bakers is turning into a very decent small venue, the owner and the promoter are sound as and they're doing a good job getting decent names into the place. I'm playing in there the night after The View, supporting the Sunshine Underground - even though it's just a DJ set I'm pretty excited for it!

I was at The View gig as well the last time they played the Grand Hall, was a brilliant gig. Just remember having to avoid getting caught up in the pint-flinging war that was going on with the arseholes in the upstairs seating section!

Went to see Babyshambles in Zürich last night. Set was pretty short and the beer was quite expensive. All the same, I'm Heading to work now still feeling more than a little half cut. Very good performance from a fairly chubby looking Pete.

Saw Neko Case at the Oran Mor last night, brilliant gig topped off at the end by a guy who was attempting (and eventually succeeding) to hang his keys from his ear.

You really had to see it to appreciate it.

Edited by Tommy Nooka

The Numbers 10th Anniversary party at the SWG3 on Friday. So far Hudson Mohawke, Jackmaster and Spencer are confirmed. Hoping for Joy Orbison and/ or Skream to top it off and make it arguably the best line up I've seen all year.

You lucky lucky man. Completely sold out :(